SSC CGL 2018 Updates: Exam Date, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, etc.
Latest updates on the current SSC CGL exam pattern and SSC CGL exam syllabus that any Staff Selection Commission job aspirant would have always wanted to know.
It describes each and every phase of the exam and also mentions the of SSC CGL Exam dates.
SSC CGL Exam 2018
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India.
It conducts Combined Graduate Level – SSC CGL exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non-gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
List of Contents:
- SSC CGL 2018 Service Posts
- SSC CGL 2018 Notification
- SSC CGL 2018 Application Process
- SSC CGL 2018 Important Dates
- SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus
- SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL 2018 Service Posts
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant.
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC.
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL Notification 2018
The recruitment notification for SSC CGL 2018 has been released by SSC on 5th May by Staff Selection Committee of India.
Tier-I exam of SSC CGL 2018 was to be conducted from 25th July, 2018 – 20th Aug, 2018. But now the dates have been postponed and will be intimated by the Commission sooner
How To Apply for SSC CGL 2018
The online application for SSC CGL 2018 exam has started from 5th May 2018. The last date is 4th June 2018 for SSC CGL 2018 Exam application.
The required application fee is Rs. 100/- for general candidates and the fee is exempted for other categories.
Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card.
- Application Fee: The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
- Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- Mode of Payment: Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of Challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- Offline mode of payment: To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of Challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration.
- Online mode of payment: Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration.
(Click Here To Apply Online Directly)
Suggested by Author:
SSC CGL Exam Dates 2018
The schedule for the SSC CGL 2018 exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2018 and make sure to complete the process in time.
|SSC CGL 2018 Online Application||5th May – 4th June 2018|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I||Postponed
(Earlier the exam was to be held from 25th Jul, 2018 – 20th Aug, 2018)
|SSC CGL Tier-I Admit Card||Postponed|
|SSC CGL Tier-II||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier-III (Des)||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam||To be Notified Later|
SSC CGL Exam Syllabus 2018
A fair knowledge of SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier-I, Tier-II & III Exam is necessary to prepare effectively for this exam. Let’s understand the SSC CGL 2018 Tier I, II, III & IV Syllabus based on the latest pattern.
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus
The major sections asked in SSC CGL 2018 Preliminary Exam are General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Puzzle||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||People in News||Number System|
|Verbal reasoning||Time and Work|
After the preliminary exam has been conducted, it will be necessary to gear up for Mains Exam of SSC CGL 2018 Exam.
SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus
The Mains Exam will be conducted online and is an objective multiple choice exam.
The major sections asked in Mains Exam are Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies (Finance and Economics).
Let’s have a look at the SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 Mains Examination.
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||Finance and Accounting|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||Measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis||Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Error Spotting and Correction|
|Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||Economics and Governance|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
|Algebra||Active-Passive Voice||Index Number||Theory of Demand and Supply|
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-III Syllabus
Tier-III of SSC CGL 2018 exam is a descriptive exam to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
The mode of examination is offline and students are required to write essays, précis, application, letter etc. in this exam.
The exam carries 100 marks and the time allotted for the same is 60 minutes.
The time allotted for candidates belonging to PWD category is increased to 80 minutes.
Tier-III paper is given by specific candidates who are interested only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Grade II” & “Compiler”.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-IV Syllabus
Tier-IV examination comprises of a couple of skill sets required for certain Government Posts all over the country.
Tier-I and Tier-II exam is compulsory for all posts mentioned in the SSC CGL 2018 Notification of while Tier-III is specifically for candidates applying for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Compiler.
Similarly, Tier-IV exam is taken by candidates applying specifically for TA, CSS, MEA and Inspector.
Points to remember:
- Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all posts.
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for this Post/Paper.
- Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV, i.e., for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of Matriculation Level, Paper-II of 10+2 Level and in Paper-III and Paper-IV of Graduation Level.
- The exam duration is 2 hours and 40 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2018
Staff Selection Commission of India will be conducting SSC CGL 2018 Exam in four stages:
Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 & Tier-4 exam. While Tier-I & Tier-II exam will be conducted online, Tier-III will be a pen and paper based exam and Tier-IV will be a computer skill test.
Let’s have a look at the exam pattern for all these stages of SSC CGL 2018 Recruitment process one by one.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-1 will be conducted tentatively from 25th July to 20th Aug 2018.
The exam will be conducted online comprising of 4 sections with about a 100 questions in total and with maximum marks of 200.
The entire exam is needed to be completed within a time span of 60 minutes.
The sections asked in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam are:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||A cumulative time of 60 minutes|
Penalty of Wrong Answer: There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer. There is no sectional cut off. No point will be deducted if the question is left blank or unattempted by a candidate.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-2 will be conducted tentatively from 27th November 2018 to 30th November 2018.
The exam will be conducted online comprising of 4 sections with about a 100 questions in each section and with maximum marks of 200.
The sections asked in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam are:
- Quantitative Ability
- General Studies (Finance & Economics)
- English Language & Comprehension
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
Penalty of Wrong Answer: There is a negative marking of 0.25 Marks for each wrong answer. There is no sectional cut off.
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern
Tier-3 of SSC CGL 2018 will be a descriptive test. The paper will be in English/Hindi and will constitute 100 marks. The entire paper needs to be completed in 60 minutes.
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application etc.)||100 marks||60 minutes|
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam is a Computer Skill Test. It will be conducted in two steps: DEST Test & CPT Test.
DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): Candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English. This test is conducted to check a candidate’s writing skills.
CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): This test is conducted to check a candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Generation of Slides.
SSC CGL Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Being one of the most premier exams of India, the candidates appearing in Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGL exam) may face a huge competition.
And since nowadays the number of engineering candidates appearing in this exam is increasing day by day, the number of applicants for this exam growing like it never did.
Since the competition is heavy, candidates should highly focus on increasing their level of awareness and accuracy in the exam.