Scholarship to Study in United Kingdom – MHRD 2019
Last date of Application: 17 Jan. 2019
The online application is invited from Indian national for ‘2019 commonwealth scholarship tenable at United Kingdom’ for pursuing Master’s & Doctoral degree programme commencing from September/October 2019
- Previously the last date of Application was 10 Jan. 2019 but later it has been extended to 17 Jan. 2019
- Read the Corrigendum regarding the extension of the Last Date of Application
- The applicant must be a permanent resident in India.
- The applicant must be available to start his/her academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- The applicant must NOT be registered for a Ph.D. or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D. at a UK university or India university or elsewhere before September/October 2019
- The applicant must not be able to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship. (Candidates are compulsorily required to sign a declaration that they do not have access to sufficient funds to study in the UK).
- Candidates who have already been abroad for studies/training/ specialization either on scholarships or on their own, for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply, if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years as on 10th January, 2019 after returning from abroad
- The candidates who have received the offer of admission, from any of the university listed with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission are only eligible to apply.
**NOTE: The list of the participating universities may be found at UK’s Commonwealth Scholarship List.
Following Qualifications are necessary for one to apply/register themselves in the respective programmes.
For Master’s course:
- One should have completed or is expected to complete the Bachelor Degree by October, 2019. The academic qualification must have direct and applied relevance to the development theme selected by the candidate.
For Ph.D. degree:
- One should have completed or is expected to complete the Master Degree/Qualifying Exam, by October, 2019. The academic qualification must have direct and applied relevance to the development theme selected by the candidate.
**NOTE: Scholarship would be offered under following development themes and the candidates who have taken admission in UK university must apply under one of the themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity.