SBI or State Bank of India is a reputed Public Sector Bank that is conducting SBI Clerk 2019 exam to select candidates to fill in the vacancies for Clerical Cadre in its various branches spread all across the country.
SBI Clerk Exam Notification 2019
The SBI Clerk Exam 2019 Notification has been released by SBI for the post of Clerical Cadre.
The recruitment process for the same will constitute of examination conducted in two phase- preliminary and mains.
The online registration for SBI Clerk 2019 exam started on 12th April 2019 onwards
SBI Clerk Exam 2019 Dates
State Bank of India (SBI) has released SBI Clerk 2019 Exam Dates. The Preliminary Examination & Mains Examination dates for SBI Clerk are mentioned below:
|Online Registration Starting Date||April 12, 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||May 3, 2019|
|Admit Card Release||June, 2019|
|SBI Clerk Recruitment 2019 Preliminary Exam||June 2019|
|Preliminary Exam Result Declaration||July 2019|
|Main Exam Admit Card Release||July, 2019|
|SBI Clerk Recruitment 2019 Main Exam||August, 2019|
|Main Exam Result||August 2019|
|Admit card for Interview||August 2019|
|Date of Interview||August 2019|
|Date of announcement of final result||September 2019|
The eligibility criteria of SBI Clerk 2019 exam comprises of mainly 3 major points:
The candidate must be one of the following
- Citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, a subject of Bhutan, Or
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India Or
- Person of Indian origin who migrated to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam and have the intention of settling permanently in India
- A candidate is required to be between 20-28 years to be eligible for SBI Clerk 2019
|Sl. No.||Category||Upper Age Limit|
|2.||SC / ST||33 years|
|4.||Person with disabilities (General)||38 years|
|5.||Person with disabilities(SC /ST)||43 years|
|6.||Person with disabilities(OBC)||41 years|
|7.||Jammu & Kashmir Migrants||33 Years|
|8.||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years|
|9.||Widows, Divorced women( No remarried)||GEN- 35 years|
OBC- 38 years
SC/ST- 40 years
- He/she must be a Graduate in any discipline from a Govt. recognized university.
- Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2019.
- Those who are in the final year/semester of their graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if provisionally selected, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2019.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
To get to the post of Junior Associate/Clerical Cadre through SBI Clerk 2019 exam, candidates are selected through two phases of exams;
- Preliminary Exam, and
- Mains Exam
The candidate first needs to clear the Preliminary Exam, in order to appear for the Mains Examination.
It is mandatory for a candidate to clear all the phases in order to get the appointment letter from SBI.
Let’s have a look at the detailed Exam Pattern for SBI Clerk 2019.
SBI Clerk 2019 Preliminary Exam
|Sl. No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI Clerk 2019 Mains Exam
|Sl. No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
**NOTE: No Interview will be conducted for final selection through SBI Clerk 2019. Final selection will be based on the score of SBI Clerk 2019 Mains Exam.
Syllabus of SBI Clerk Exam 2019
The syllabus for Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam is almost same with a little bit of variation for SBI Clerk 2019 Exam.
Candidates are required to be proficient in English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness.
|Reasoning||Numerical Ability||English Language|
|Puzzle and Arrangement||Number Series||Reading Comprehension|
|Coding-Decoding||Data Interpretation||Spotting Errors|
|Blood Relations||Data Sufficiency||Sentence Improvement|
|Direction Senses||Miscellaneous||Fill in the Blanks|
|Order and Ranking|
Salary of SBI Clerk
Candidates posted to the post of Clerical Cadre will receive a decent salary by State Bank of India. A total of ₹ 21,000/- to ₹ 23,000/- is given as salary to an SBI Clerk.
A break down of the salary of SBI Clerk is given below:
Salary of SBI Clerk
|Basic Pay||₹ 11,765/-|
|Special Allowance||₹ 955/-|
|CCA (may vary from duty to duty)||₹ 0/-|
|TA (varies from place to place)||₹ 500/-|
Total (without HRA)
|HRA (Varies from city to city)||₹ 1200/-|
|₹ 20,000/- (approx.)|
The allowances may vary in accordance as per the city of posting. The SBI Clerk Salary for an employee in a Metro city like Mumbai will be around ₹ 25,000/- including various allowances at the current rate.
This means an SBI Clerk (Junior Associate) will have a starting basic pay of ₹ 11,765/- with an annual increment of ₹ 655/-.
SBI Clerk Allowances
The various components (allowances) of SBI Clerk Salary are tabulated below:
|SBI Clerk Salary Components|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||This component of SBI Clerk Salary is revised quarterly, i.e., 4 times a year, and is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The DA increases when inflation is high and vice versa.|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||The HRA depends on the city of SBI Clerk’s posting. If it is a Metro city, the HRA is higher. In the case of rural areas, the HRA is less.|
- The SBI Clerk salary also includes other allowances like furniture allowance, reimbursement of telephone bills, etc.
- With all these allowances, the starting SBI Clerk Salary per month in a metro city like Mumbai will be around ₹ 25,000/-
Apart from the SBI Clerk Salary, the SBI Junior Associates will also enjoy other benefits like:
- Financial security,
- Flexible working hours,
- Good work environment,
- Pension under New Pension Scheme (NPS),
- Medical insurance,
- Provident Fund, etc.
SBI Clerk Job Profile & Prospects
The SBI Clerk or SBI Junior Associates work as Single Window Operator (SWO)
- They look after the day-to-day activities of the bank.
- They have to deal with customers and address their concerns.
- They are also involved in activities like opening bank accounts, issuing DDs, transferring amounts through cheque, RTGS/NEFT, cheque book requests, etc.
- They may even have to work as cashiers.
Increments for SBI Clerks
|Basic Pay Scale||₹ 11,765/-|
|Annual increment on Basic Pay||₹ 655/-|
|Basic Pay after 3 years||Increase to ₹ 13,730/-|
|Basic Pay after another 3 years||₹ 16,715/-|
|Basic Pay after another 4 years||₹ 20,095/-|
|Basic Pay after another 7 years||₹ 28,110/-|
|Maximum Basic Pay||₹ 31,450/-|
SBI Clerk Promotions And Growth Opportunities
- SBI Clerk has immense growth opportunities, which are better than clerks of any other government banks, and they can also reach as high as General Manager by appearing in inter-departmental exams.
- However, based on the posts, there will be certain eligibility criteria they must meet. Also, they will have to appear for the necessary exams and/or interviews for further growth/promotions.
- As you can see, the SBI Clerk is a great job to start your banking career. The SBI Clerk Salary is decent enough for an entry-level government job.
- The other benefits and growth opportunities too make it one of the most demanding jobs in India.
SBI Clerk 2019 Application Procedure
- The SBI Clerk 2019 application process will start as soon as official Notification for SBI Clerk has been released.
- The application fee for this exam was ₹ 750/- for General category and ₹ 125/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD category.
- The Online Application of SBI Clerk 2019 starts on April 2019. The Apply Online link generally closes on May 2019.
- The Application Form of SBI Clerk 2019 needs to submit online, as no offline State Bank of India will accept form for the exam.
Candidates appearing for SBI Clerk exam 2019 must work on their overall development. You must have a clear idea about the SBI Clerk exam pattern and SBI Clerk syllabus.
You must finish the whole syllabus thoroughly and take mock tests. The more mock tests you give the more confident you’ll get.