Reserve bank of India conducts the RBI ASSISTANT Exam under IBPS (Indian Institute of Banking Personnel Selection), which is one of the most awaited exams for recruitment.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the central bank of India. This Governmental body helps in the regulation of the country’s currency. RBI plays the role of a regulator in the banking chain of the country, it is headquartered in Mumbai.
This is a great deal of opportunity for the eligible candidates who want to make their career with the central bank of the country.
RBI Assistant 2019 Exam Dates
|Release Date of Application Form||October 2019|
|Last date to apply for RBI Assistant||November 2019|
|RBI Assistant Admit Card 2019||November, 2019|
|RBI Assistant 2019 exam date – Prelims||November ,2019|
|RBI Assistant Result 2019- Prelims||December, 2019|
|RBI Assistant Mains Exam Date||December ,2019|
**NOTE: The dates mentioned above are tentative and may vary after official notification
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Assistant Exam
Before applying candidates are required to go through the RBI Assistant 2019 eligibility criteria into two levels. To be qualified for the post of RBI Assistant students have to fulfill the following criteria:
- Minimum Age is 20 Years and Maximum is 28 years.
- However, RBI has given some age relaxation for the students applying for the post of Assistant in different categories which are stated below:
|PwD||10 Years for Gen, 13 years for OBC & 15 years for SC/ST|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service provided by them to Armed Forces+ 3 years additional (Up to 50 Years)|
|Divorced women/Widows/Women judicially separated and not re-married||10 Years|
|Candidates who were domiciles in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in between the period 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 Years|
|Candidates, holding working experience of RBI||Years of Experience (Maximum 3 years)|
Aspirants can check educational criteria below:
- Graduate from University/ Institution/Board recognized by the Government of India.
- Minimum of 50% marks (Pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate
- Knowledge of word processing on Personal Computer (PC).
Exam Pattern for RBI Assistant 2019
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern follows a similar exam pattern like other banking exams for the RBI Assistant post.
- RBI Assistant Prelims Exam,
- RBI Assistant Mains Exam, and
- Language Proficiency Test.
RBI has dispensed the Interview process and instead go with the Language Proficiency Test as the selected candidates are likely to be posted at public interface counters thus knowledge/proficiency in the local language is taken essentially.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern (Prelims)
The first stage of RBI Assistant Online Exam is the Preliminary Exam. Candidates should qualify in each of the objective tests of the online examinations. A candidate should qualify in Prelims to take up Main Examination. As a negative marking, 1/4th mark will be deduced for each wrong answer.
|Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 hour|
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern (Mains)
RBI Assistant Main Exam is the second level of the screening process for candidates who cleared Prelims.
It has five sections i.e.,
- English Language,
- Numerical Ability,
- General Awareness, and
- Computer Knowledge
|Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
Each candidate should secure a minimum score in each section of the Online Main examination. Except for the Test of English Language, the online test will be in bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
Only those candidates getting shortlisted in Main Exam will be called for Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
Language Proficiency Test
- Since the candidates selected are likely to be placed in the public interface counters, knowledge/proficiency in the local language is considered mandatory.
- Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Understanding skills of the candidate on the local language will be tested.
- The Final selection of candidates will be made based on the marks obtained in Main Exam, Performance in LPT, Reservation requirements, Medical fitness, and Submission of all necessary acceptable documentary evidence.
Syllabus for RBI Assistant Exam
Prelims exam has three sections Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. Syllabus for the prelims exam is mentioned below:
Syllabus for RBI Assistant (Prelims)
|English language||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning|
|Reading Comprehension||Number System||Number Series|
|Synonyms||Percentage||Coding & Decoding|
|Antonyms||Ratio & Proportion||Analogy|
|Sentence Correction||Average||Odd One Out|
|Word Meanings||Probability||Direction & Distance|
|Cloze Test||Allegation and Comparison||Sitting Arrangements|
|Active Passive Voice||Permutation & Combination||Symbols|
|Phrases||Pipe & Cistern||Statement Reading & Understanding|
|One Word Substitute||Time & Work||Alphabetical Series & Arrangement|
|Sentence Rearrangement||Time & Distance|
Syllabus for RBI Assistant (Mains)
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||English language||General awareness||Computer knowledge|
|Number series||Number series||Grammar||Economic scene||Generation of computer|
|Ratio & proportion||Blood relation||Error detection||General Policy||Basic hardware & software|
|Average||Analogy||Fill in the blanks||Current world news||Devices|
|HCF & LCM||Odd one out||Synonyms||Geography||Viruses & hacking|
|Simple Interest||Coding & decoding||Antonyms||History||Ms office|
|Probability||Direction||Cloze Test||Political science||Windows operating system|
|Permutation & combination||Distance||Sentence correction||RBI Terms||Internet|
|mixture & allegation||Row arrengemet||Reading Comprehension||Banking awarness|
|Compound Interest||Symbols||Rearrangement||Act and laws related to bank (RBI)|
|Percentage||Syllogism||Word Meaning||Emoluments & other Benefits|
|Algebra||Ranking||Idioms & Phrases||Current Indian news|
|Partnership||Sitting Arrangement||Active & Passive|
|Problem based on age||Direct & indirect Speech|
|Boat & stream||One word Substitute|
|Time & Distance|
|Pipe & Cistern|
|Work & Time|
Career Prospects in RBI Assistant Job
The most important question for any banking aspirant is “Where shall I be after 10 years?” Youths today look for job opportunities that have good promotional avenues ahead.
RBI offers exceptional opportunities for aspirants who plan to make it big in their lives.
You will get several chances for promotion to the higher levels, by applying for the promotion test and appearing for internal promotion exams.
But before applying for the promotion test, one has to complete a minimum service period of two years, only then they are eligible for promotion to Officer Cadre.
There are broadly two ways one can get promoted,
- Seniority-Based Process
- Merit-based Process
This is the process for aspirants who are comfortable with their existing job roles and are looking for an executive role in the organization.
After working as an RBI Assistant for 10 years, you will be promoted to the post of Special Assistant and after that, you will be eligible for the post of Senior Assistant, etc.
In the merit-based process, any employee aspiring to be promoted to the officer cadre has to qualify the written exam as and when conducted. Selection will be done on the basis of candidates’ seniority in the services of the bank and overall experience.
After completing two years of the service period as an RBI Assistant, if you qualify the examination, you will be promoted to be Grade A Officer or the Assistant Manager, which is the lowest Grade in the hierarchy of Officer Cadre.
After that, if you apply again for the promotion test, you will be promoted to Grade B or Managerial Level, then likewise to Grade C or Assistant General Manager, Grade D or Deputy General Manager, Grade E or General Manager and finally to Grade F or Deputy Governor.
How to Apply for RBI Assistant
RBI releases the Application for RBI Assistant posts along with the Notification details. Candidates can apply in online mode only through the official website of RBI
Candidates willing to take up the Examination are requested to read through the eligibility details, guidelines, and to have the necessary documents before proceeding with filling the Application Form. Candidates should have the following before proceeding with registration:
- Scanned copy of their Photograph and Signature as per guidelines of RBI
- Valid e-mail ID which is active
- All necessary documents and details for filling the form and for online payment
- Application Fee for the assistant post for general category is Rs. 450/-
- Application Fee for ST/SC and PwD is Rs. 50/-
Salary & Allowances of RBI Assistant
The following break up will provide you a better idea about the salary structure of RBI Assistants:
- The starting basic pay of a Selected Candidate will be Rs. 14,650/- per month (i.e. Rs. 13,150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only)
- Other allowances viz. (i)Dearness Allowance, (ii)House Rent Allowance, (iii)City Compensatory Allowance, (iv)Transport Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time.
- Initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately Rs. 32,124/-
- RBI’s accommodation subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses of maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, Newspaper, Briefcase, Book Grant, Allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility.
- Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility
- Interest-free Festival Advance, Leave Fare Concession (Once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. The recruits will be governed by the Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades. Selected candidates will be initially posted in RBI’s office within the Recruitment Zone for which they had applied.
However, they are liable to be transferred in administrative exigencies to centers grouped and classified into West, South, North, and East Zone.
RBI is a bank of all other banks i.e. it is called ‘Central bank of India’. Here you have less customer interaction. RBI work is to see that all the rules and regulation are followed by Public Sector Banks.
Here you have five working days, less work pressure, better salary. Once in a year RBI employee’s get a vacation leave. So overall getting selected for RBI Assistant’s post is not a bad idea, candidates can appear for an internal exam and get promoted to Group B post.