NISER Update: Admissions for Ph.D. Program 2019
Last Date of Online Submission of Application: 02 November 2018
The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) is an autonomous council under Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to the Ph.D. program scheduled to commence from 4th January 2019 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar:
1. School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
2. School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
3. School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
4. School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
5. School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
(a) Candidates applying for admission in School of Chemical Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Computer Sciences should have qualified at least one of these national level examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/JEST/INSPIRE (Doctoral fellowship under AORC Scheme with fellowship) or any other equivalent national level examination, valid for the current year in the relevant area of research.
(b) Candidates applying for admission in School of Biological Sciences should have qualified at least one National Level Exam with fellowship (CSIR-NET, DST INSPIRE, DBT, ICMR or any other equivalent) and must have valid fellowship certificate for the year 2019 at the time of application. Fellowship certificate/award letter must be submitted at the time of application.
(c) Candidates applying for admission in School of Physical Sciences should have qualified at least one National Level Exam i.e CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/JEST or any other equivalent national level examination valid for the current year.
The scholarship given by NISER is ₹25,000/- for first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to ₹28,000/- for remaining three years, subject to the condition that he/she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
Fellowship amount from external sources will be governed as per the rules of the respective funding agencies.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute/venue of the Test and Interview. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
- The online application will be activated on – 01 October 2018
- Last date for filling up online application – 02 November 2018
- List of short-listed candidates will be uploaded on NISER website latest by 12 November 2018
Tentative dates for test/interview will be as follows:
- School of Physical Sciences: 15th & 16th December 2018
- School of Biological Sciences: 11th & 12th December 2018
- School of Chemical Sciences: 10th & 11th December 2018
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences: 28th & 29th November 2018
- School of Computer Sciences: 26th & 27th November 2018