This article consists everything about the current LIC AAO exam pattern andLIC AAO exam syllabus that any LIC Administrative Officer Exam aspirant would have always wanted to know. It describes each and every phase of the exam and also mentions the of SSC CGL Exam dates.
LIC AAO Exam 2018
Life Insurance Corporation of India conducts the AAO Exam to recruit candidates to the post of Assistant Administrative Officer.
LIC offers opportunities to candidates for joining the Government Sector by clearing one of the reputed Insurance Exam.
Established in 1956, it is currently India’s largest Insurance Company !!
LIC is an Indian state-owned Insurance Group and Investment Company with various departments playing important role in building the Economy of the country.
LIC AAO Recruitment
The recruitment process will be conducted to recruit the eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer in various branches of LIC all across the country.
Every year after the release of the notification for LIC AAO exam, candidates can learn about the Exam Dates, Eligibility and exclusive Exam Patter of LIC AAO Exam for any respective year.
LIC AAO Job Profile
The role of the Assistant Administrative Officer are:
- to regulate new schemes,
- coordinating with other departments,
- to give general assistance to the particular branch,
- to interact with clients to make a better profit to the company and
- to manage the claims and adjusting the settlements between clients and employees, with a probation period of one year, extendable up to 2 years.
LIC AAO Salary
An Assistant Administrative Officer gets the basic pay of Rs. 17,240/- He enjoys other perks and remuneration apart from the Basic Pay offered.
The total amount/gross salary of an Assistant Administrative Officer thus ranges to Rs. 32,640/- which includes House Rent Allowance (HRA), Travel Allowance (TA) and Dearness Allowance (DA).
LIC AAO Exam Application Fee
|1.||For General Candidates||Rs. 600/ + Transaction Charges|
|2.||For SC/ST/ PWD Candidates||Rs. 100/ + Transaction Charges|
LIC AAO Exam Pattern 2018
The selection for the post of AAO in LIC will be followed up in three stages:
- Online Examination
- Pre-recruitment Medical Examination
After the Online Written Exam, an interview process will be conducted to test a candidate’s skills.
The selected candidates will be asked for the medical assessment and the final allotment will be made after the medical verification is done.
|Sl. No.||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|2.||Numerical Ability||30||90||120 minutes|
- The nature of test for the English language section is qualifying and the marks obtained in this section will not be counted for ranking.
- The Online Written Exam for LIC AAO is of objective type
- Each question carries a negative marking of 0.25 of the max. marks given for the respective question if answered incorrectly.
- The candidate is required to clear the sectional cut-off and the overall cut-off as well in order to qualify for the interview phase.
You can know about how to clear the Interview phase, which is the second phase of the LIC AAO section criteria from our following articles:
- 10 Tips on How to crack job interviews
- 10 Last minute Preparation Tips for interviews
- What you should preferably wear at interviews
LIC AAO Online Written Exam Syllabus
The major sections of LIC AAO exam cover the portions of Reasoning, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, English Language and Computer Knowledge.
|Reasoning||Numerical Ability||General Awareness||English Language||Computer Knowledge|
|Statement based Questions|
Alpha Numeric Sequence
Odd One Out
Time and Work
Speed, Distance and Time
Simple Interest and Compound Interest
Profit and Loss
Mixture and Allegations
National and International Matters
Currency and Capital
Awards and Honors
General History, Geography
Biology and Applied Science
Input Output Devices
History of Computers
- English is a qualifying subject in LIC AAO exam. So, you just need to attain the minimum cut-off marks in English in order to clear it.
Reference Books for different Section:
- You can use the Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Book by RS Agarwal in order to prepare for the Reasoning Section.
- Candidates can use either the Fast track book by Rajesh Verma or the Quantitative Aptitude book by RS Agarwal for the preparation of Quants. section.
- Although English is a qualifying section, you can go for the English Grammar by Wren & Martin or the Objective General English by SP Bakshi.
Other Job Exams which you may like:
The LIC AAO Exam is conducted by the Life Insurance Corporation. The candidates appearing in Assistant Administrative Officer Exam (LIC AAO exam) may face a great competition.
And since nowadays the number of candidates appearing in this exam is increasing day by day, and the number is growing rapidly.
Since the competition is heavy, candidates should highly focus on increasing their level of awareness and accuracy in the exam.