Please subscribe to our website or you can follow us on Facebook so that you don’t miss any job update.
Job Location: Kharagpur, West Bengal
IIT Kharagpur is recruiting qualified and experienced Postgraduate candidates for the posts of Project Officer/Junior Project Officer - Library Science in the Department of Library under Development of National Digital Library of India as a Digital Knowledge Asset of the Nation(DNA) Project on a contract basis.
About the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Project Officer/Junior Project Officer - Library Science
- Job Type: Engineering/Technical Jobs
- No. of Vacancies: 03
- Age Limit: No age limit
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor in any subject with a Masters in Library and Information Science.
- Work Experience: In some of the following preferably in digital library/repository domain: 1. Metadata standards and schemas (Generic and Domain-specific) 1.2.2. Large volume metadata annotation and curation for a digital library/repository using services programmers 1.2.3. DDC/LCC/LCSH/MeSH Classification Scheme 1.2.4. MARC/SIP/AIP/XML data handling 1.2.5. Harvesting Institutional Digital Repository 1.2.6. Linux environment/commands, TeamViewer setup, MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint 1.2.7. Setting up Institutional Digital Repository with content management software like DSpace, EPrint, etc. 1.2.8. Planning, structuring, and operations, coordination of large volume metadata annotation/curation work for a digital library 1.2.9. Copyright issues for digital library/repository 1.2.10 Conduct user training or similar events on digital library Experience Level: Project Officer: 2 years’ hands-on experience out of which at least 1 year in some of the above areas in digital library/repository domain Junior Project Officer: 1 year’s hands-on experience in some of above areas or 1 year’s working experience in reputed library or Fresher with high academic achievement and competence in Linux environment/commands, TeamViewer setup, MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint Salary (consolidated).
- Salary: Rs. 30,000/- p.m.
Shortlisted candidates will be selected through the preferred mode of selection as and when decided by the Authority.
Interested candidates having requisite qualification and experience can apply online through the official website on or before 28th October 2019. Candidates are also required to pay a fee of Rs.50/- (Not for female candidates) through Demand Draft drawn in favour of IIT Kharagpur payable at Kharagpur.