Please subscribe to our website or you can follow us on Facebook so that you don’t miss any job update.
Job Location: Kharagpur, West Bengal
IIT Kharagpur is recruiting qualified and experienced Graduate or Postgraduate candidates for the posts of Chief Project Officer - Technical in the Department of Library under Development of National Digital Library of India as a Digital Knowledge Asset of the Nation(DNA) Project on a contract basis.
About the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Chief Project Officer - Technical
- Job Type: Engineering/Technical Jobs
- No. of Vacancies: 02
- Age Limit: No age limit
- Educational Qualification: BE/B. Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology or MCA or M. Sc. (Computer Science or Mathematics) or equivalent in the related field. ME/M. Tech/MS preferred.
- Work Experience: At least 10 years of experience in software development and software project management out of which at least 3 years in a senior position managing large-sized software product development and maintenance or implementation projects. Must have skills in several of the followings: o Guiding and motivating a large team of junior and mid-level software developers to get the deliverables of acceptable quality released as per plan o Comprehensive understanding of developing and maintaining large database-oriented application systems o Software development using C/C++, Java, SQL and Web Development using PHP o Architecting software applications o Familiar with modern software engineering practices such as agile methodology, modeling, quality assurance (QA), test/QA set up, Configuration Management and Issue tracking o Good understanding/exposure to any one or more of the following areas: o Database Application development o Web Application development o App development for Android or i-OS or Windows o Curating large volume crowd-sourced semi-structured data as per standard schema and data format o Modern information retrieval technologies o Machine Learning technologies o Natural language processing Responsibilities: To lead large-sized composite team of software developers and data curators to get the deliverables of acceptable quality released as per plan Posting: Kharagpur.
- Salary: Rs. 90,000/- p.m.
Shortlisted candidates will be selected through the preferred mode of selection as and when decided by the Authority.
Interested candidates having requisite qualification and experience can apply online through the official website on or before 28th October 2019. Candidates are also required to pay a fee of Rs.50/- (Not for female candidates) through Demand Draft drawn in favour of IIT Kharagpur payable at Kharagpur.