IAF Recruitment: AFCAT 2019 [Last Date: 30 Dec. 2018]
Last Date of Application: 30 Dec. 2018
Indian Air Force invites Indian citizens (Men and Women) to apply for AFCAT 2019 to be part of this elite force as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches.
Online examination will be conducted on 16 Feb 19 and 17 Feb 19 for AFCAT 2019 exam.
|Ground Duty (Technical)||PC-34, SSC-46|
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)||PC-23, SSC-35|
|NCC Special Entry||Flying||10% of CDSE + 10% of AFCAT|
Type of Commission:
(a) Permanent Commission (PC) for Men.
- Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation in their respective branches as per their rank.
(b) Short Service Commission (SSC) for Men & Women.
- The engagement period for Flying Branch (Men and Women) SSC Officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non-extendable).
- The initial tenure for Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) SSC Officers would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability, and merit.
- The last date for online application is 30 dec. 2018
The following criteria must be fulfilled in order to become eligible for AFCAT and IAF recruitment:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry: 20 to 24 years as on 01 Jan 2020 Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years
- Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch: 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jan 2020 i.e. born between 02 January 1994 to 01 January 2000 (both dates inclusive).
Education Qualification (Flying):
Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and any one of the following:
- Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Education Qualification (Ground Duty Tech.):
- Candidates with a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognized University. OR
- Cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines:
- Communication Engineering.
- Computer Engineering/Technology.
- Computer Engineering & Application.
- Computer Science and Engineering/Technology.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronics Engineering/ Technology.
- Electronics Science and Engineering.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Electronics and Computer Science.
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave).
- Electronics and Computer Engineering.
- Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Electronics Instrument & Control.
- Electronics Instrument & Control Engineering.
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
- Instrument & Control Engineering.
- Information Technology.
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Aeronautical Engineering.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering and Automation.
- Mechanical Engineering (Production).
- Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance).
- Industrial Engineering.
Education Qualification (Ground Duty Non-Tech.)
- Administration & Logistics: Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Accounts: B.Com Degree (Minimum three years degree course) from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.