How To Reach Top In Google Search List
With rapid globalization and laissez-faire economic condition, the companies are facing stiff competition and feeling immense to stay at the top of the list. The companies are choosing different channels to popularize itself on the global platform and among them, websites are in high demand. But having a website is not enough- efforts are on to put it on highest rank of the search engines.
SEO Steps To Top Google Search List
This article is written keeping in mind the most popular search engine Google and illustrations are cited commensurate with the Google search engine. Google uses an algorithm for searching and ranking a site on the basis of a keyword. But there is something more than machine- the human being. Some research and reports in recent years have clear indication that the search engines are engaging people to review and rank the machine results so that foul practices of getting the site at top of the list can be minimized. They ultimately rank the sites matching with the keywords searched by someone.
Hence we need to be methodical while making our websites so that it reaches the top of the list of the search engine results page. The steps are:
Step 1: Fixing The Errors and Problems
The most common problems and errors found on a website or a webpage are page duplication, no meta description or inappropriate meta description, no title tags etc. There are lots of tools and applications to check such errors and validate websites. These validation tools check broken links, dead links, title tags, CSS errors and so on. Identifying these errors and rectifying them would definitely boost the ranking of the site and help them to achieve the desired position in respect of a defined keyword search.For example, somebody is searching “tunnel engineering companies” in Google and the result appears hereunder
It finds websites providing such service and among them, one has been put on the highest place, why? First Google search engines look for the keywords “tunnel” and “engineering”. Now see the website heading as well as the meta description written below the website’s title covers these words. Hence one has to be particular in this regard while choosing keywords, its relevance and also its inclusion in the title tag, meta description, page heading and sub-headings and body.
Step 2: Boosting for a faster website
A few tips and tricks can help you to get rid of this.
- Firstly use images of exact size rather adjusting them with CSS coding.
- JPEG/JPG files are smaller than PNG files.
- Compress the picture files with software or application and ready it for web-usage without compromising quality.
- Using caching plug-in or provider that stores web-pages in a static format so that it opens faster when it is requested for.
- Use Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- You may like: Golden Rules of Maintaining Facebook Page
Step 3: Search Engine Optimisation
What is Search Engine Optimisation or SEO? SEO in simple terms is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in search result page of a search engine. Now how to get it? Lots of companies and software are available to do search engine optimization. The basic things that consist of SEO work include:
1. Distinguish between the page title and SEO title. Suppose one is searching “babysitter games” in Google and accordingly results come out in the following way:
This is the top result we get. Why? The heading, sub-heading and the meta description covers the keyword search. Now if we look at the site what will we get? We will be landed on the home page of the site selling games. Now notice one thing that, this is the homepage of the site and accordingly the page is named as “homepage” or “frontpage”, but the SEO title is different. It is “babysitting games. free babysitting games, play babysitting games, free online babysitting games at www.girlgamesxl.net”
While searching on net one may try either of the words mentioned in the quote rather than searching the name of the site, but this site will come in search results. If SEO title of the page would have been named as homepage, what would happen? Google cannot search it out like now it is doing.
2. Try to keep the page/post title precise without site pages or names alongside.
3. Abstain from indexing media and projects of the site.
4. Link up the site with social networks so that it reaches mass people to popularize the site in search results too.
5. Search engines search contents through XML sitemaps. A website must have an XML sitemap to get itself in the search results of the search engines like Google.
- You may like: Essential Blog Writing Tips to Attract Visitors
Step 4: Using Google Webmasters
Finally, if you want your site to lead in Google’s result page, you have to make friendship with Google. And the way is Google Webmasters. Google Webmasters provides a web service called Search Console that allows users to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites. It provides various types of tools that allow users to:
1. Check the sitemap of a website
2. Check and set the crawl rate, and view statistics about when Googlebot accesses a particular site.
3. Write and check a robots.txt to help discover pages that are blocked by robots.txt accidentally.
4. See what keyword searches on Google led to the site being listed in the Search Engine Result Page and the click through rates of such listings. This helps the site administrator to be more focused on such results and improve the site accordingly.
5. Highlight to Google Search elements of structured data which are used to enrich search hit entries.
Well, these are the basic things of Search Engine Optimisation and not an exhaustive list to follow with. There are lots of technical points to be considered in this regard but following the steps will hopefully help a lot in making a notion about the search engine optimization through Google search and trick out the ways to get on the top of the list of Search Engine Result Page.