Xavier Aptitude Test 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
Xavier Aptitude Test also known as XAT is a national-level management entrance examination conducted by XLRI- Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur for the purpose of admission into MBA/PGDM programmes in various institutions within India.
XLRI (XLRI or formerly Xavier Labour Relations Institute) conducts XAT on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). For more than 70 years XLRI is conducting XAT at all India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. The XAT score is taken into consideration by more than 160 institutes for admission into Post Graduate programmes in management.
|Level of Exam||Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||for admission to MBA/PGDM programmes|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Xavier School of Management|
XAT Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- NRI and foreign candidates can apply through their valid GMAT scores
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree of a minimum of three years duration from a recognised University.
There is no upper age limit for XAT.
There is no attempt restriction for the candidates.
XAT Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||September 12, 2020|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2020|
|Date of Exam||January 3, 2021|
|Date of Result||January 31, 2021|
XAT Exam Pattern 2021
- The XAT exam consists of only one stage.
- It consists of two papers
Pattern for Xavier Aptitude Test
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
||Merit Ranking Nature||75||Objective (Multiple Choice)||165 mins||0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer||75|
|2||Paper II: General Knowledge
||Merit Ranking Nature||25||Objective (Multiple Choice)||15 mins||25|
*The total marks shown here are considered for merit ranking purposes.
XAT Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for Xavier Aptitude Test
1 XAT Paper I
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation: Percentages, LCM and HCF, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Number System, Speed, Time and Distance, Averages, Time and Work, Ratio and Proportion and others, Algebra, Mensuration, Geometry including Co-ordinate Geometry, Venn Diagram, Complex Numbers, Data Charts.
- Verbal and Logical Ability: Vocabulary Based Questions: Synonyms/ Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Contextual Meaning of words, Correction of Errors in Sentences and correct usage of words, Jumbled Paragraph, Completion of Paragraph, Completion of Sentences, Cloze Test, Binary Logic, Fact, Inference, and Judgement, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangement, Assumption, Premise, and Conclusion, Logical Sequences.
- Decision making: Data Arrangement Test, Conditioning and Grouping Tests, Decision Making in a situation, Complex Arrangement, Case lets.
2 XAT Paper II: General Knowledge
- National and International Current Affairs
- Economics and Finance
- Capitals and currencies
- Constitution of India and Laws
- Books and Authors
- Famous Personalities