EPFO Enforcement Officer Exam 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
Union Public Service Commission conducts the UPSC EPFO examination once a year to recruit fresh candidates to the posts of accounts and enforcement officer. The posts are of permanent in nature and come under Group B, non-ministerial category. The posts mentioned under the UPSC EPFO examination comes under Level 8 pay matrix.
Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university can apply for this examination. The examination is conducted in two phases that are offline examination and interview phase. Those candidates who successfully pass the offline written examination are eligible to take the interview for this examination. The offline written examination consists of questions from various subjects such as general studies, general awareness, accounting principles, general English, Indian freedom struggle, industrial relations and labour laws and social security. The offline examination consists of a total of a hundred marks and the time duration is two hours.
|Level of Exam||Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Medium||English, Hindi|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||To recruit candidates to the posts of accounts and enforcement officer.|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
EPFO EO Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit The upper age limit to appear in the EPFO EO examination is 30 years.
For the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
For other services, a candidate must be either:—
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
However, there are age relaxations for candidates belonging to the reserved categories. They are given below in the table:
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|Employees of the EPFO||35 years|
There is no limit on the number of attempts provided the upper age limit has not exceeded.
EPFO EO Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||January 13, 2020|
|Last Date of Application||January 31, 2021|
|Date of Exam||To be notified|
EPFO EO Exam Pattern 2021
UPSC EPFO exam will be segregated into two parts. The first stage comprises of pen and paper-based Recruitment Test (RT) carrying a total of 100 marks. After successful completion of the written examination, the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The interview will also carry a total of 100 marks.
Pattern for Written Exam
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
||Merit Ranking Nature||Objective (Multiple Choice)||120 mins||For each wrong answer there will be a deduction of 0.33 marks.||100|
*The total marks shown here are considered for merit ranking purposes.
Pattern for InterviewTotal marks allotted: 100
The objective of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to evaluate the mental calibre of a candidate.
EPFO EO Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for Written Exam
1 Written Test
- General English: Phrase replacement, reading comprehension, sentence completion, cloze test, fill in the blanks, idioms, spellings, synonyms, antonyms.
- Indian History: Extension of British rule in India, Early composition of the British raj, regulating and Pitt’s act, the early uprising against British rule, 1857 revolt, growth of Indian consciousness, stages of Indian freedom struggle, split in congress and development of extremism, the policy of divide and rule, congress pact 1916, Gandhian thoughts and techniques of mass mobilization.
- Current Affairs: national and international events, developmental issues, schemes and laws made by the government to maintain decorum, ease of run of the constitution, public policies by the government.
- Indian Polity and Economy: Economic growth and development, basic concepts of economics, use and transfer of resources, macro and microeconomic policies, the distributive impact of economic policies, fiscal policy, budget, expenditure, revenue, capital, cost, Indian constitutions and its underpinning and history, function and responsibilities of Union and states, Parliament and the state legislature, Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections, vital aspects of governance, accountability and transparency, e-government applications and mode, citizen charter, Panchayati raj system, public policy.
- General Accounting: Principles of accounting, analysing and recording translations, adjustment of financial statement, completion of accounting cycles, special journals and subsidiary ledgers.
- Industrial and labour laws: Types of labour laws, implementing areas of such laws, sector applicable, Industrial relations code bill, a model of labour reforms.
- General Science and Computer Application: Physics, chemistry and life sciences, Computer organization and operating system, database management, data structure, data communication, computer network.
Syllabus for Interview
There is no specific syllabus for UPSC EPFO interview. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only a candidate’s assessment qualities but also interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, the balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, the ability for social cohesion, LEADERSHIP, and intellectual and moral integrity.
- 21 Lucrative Career After Law Degree to Flicker Your Wings of Dream
- A Complete List of UPSC Exams | 11 Competitive Exams For 2021
- How To Prepare For Bank Interviews: 10 Super Tips For Last Minute Preparation
- 21 Amazing Career Opportunities For Women To Fly High
- How To Crack Any Competitive Exams: 11 Exam Preparation Tips For 2021
- 100+ Competitive Exams to Get Government Jobs After Graduation in 2021
- 11 Pro Tips to Crack Interviews to Head Start Your Career