SBI Specialist Officer Exam 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
SBI SO exam is conducted by State Bank of India to recruit officers in different specialized categories. SBI invites application for specialist officer (SO) recruitment as per vacancy in different departments. Commonly the recruitment is conducted for managerial posts, however, notifications are also being released for recruitment at the senior levels. Presently recruitment for several posts is going on.
Under the SBI Specialist Officer (SO) exam, there are multiple SBI openings during the year. Candidates are selected on the basis of their merit and availability of the respective posts. The recruitment is generally conducted in two phases, online exam and personal interview, however, in many cases recruitment is done by shortlisting of candidates followed by personal interview.
|Level of Exam||Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Medium||English, Hindi|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||Recruiting eligible candidates in the post of specialist cadre officer in a largest government owned bank.|
|Conducting Body||State Bank Of India|
SBI SO Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
- Deputy Manager (Security) (Current): MBA/ PGDM or Post Graduate Management degree and full time BE/ B Tech in Information Technology/ Computer/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics or a combination of these streams.
- Manager (Retail Products), Data Trainer, Data Translator, Senior Consultant Analyst, Assistant General Manager (Enterprise & Technology Architecture): B.E. / B. Tech in CS/IT or MCA from a recognized University/Institution.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Ph.D. in Banking/Finance/IT/Economics related to BFSI sector.
- Data Protection Officer-: Graduation with a minimum of 60% marks or its equivalent.
- Deputy Manager (Data Scientist), Manager (Data Scientist), Deputy Manager (System): B.Tech/ M Tech in Computer Science/ IT/ Data Science/ Machine Learning and AI (Minimum 60% marks compulsory in B. Tech/ B.E.)
- Risk Specialist (Statistics): Chartered Accountant (CA), or CFA, or MBA/PGDM (Finance/ Data Analytics/ Business Analytics) or its equivalent; M.Sc.
- Assistant Manager (Systems): Engineering Graduate in Computer Science/IT/ECE or MCA / M.Sc. (IT) / M.Sc. (Computer Science) from recognized University/ Institute.
- IT Security Expert: Engineering Graduate in Computer Science/IT/ECE or MCA / M.Sc. (IT) / M.Sc. (Computer Science) from recognized University/ Institute.
- Project Manager: Engineering Graduate in Computer Science/IT/ECE or MCA / M.Sc. (IT) / M.Sc. (Computer Science) from recognized University/ Institute. MBA from reputed institute preferred.
- Application Architect: Engineering Graduate in Computer Science/IT/ECE or MCA / M.Sc. (IT) / M.Sc. (Computer Science) from recognized University/ Institute.
- Technical Lead: Engineering Graduate in Computer Science/IT/ECE or MCA / M.Sc. (IT) / M.Sc. (Computer Science) from recognized University/ Institute.
- Engineer (Fire): BE (Fire) from National Fire Service College (NFSC), Nagpur OR B.Tech (Safety & Fire Engineering)/ B.Tech (Fire Technology & Safety Engineering)/ B.Sc. (Fire) from UGC recognised university/ AICTE approved institution OR Graduate from Institute of Fire Engineers (India/UK) OR should have completed Divisional Officers Course from National Fire Service College (NFSC), Nagpur.
- Deputy Manager (Internal Audit): Minimum 1 years post qualification experience in/with a Chartered Accountant firm engaged in statutory / Internal /Concurrent Audit of Banks.
- Age Limit
- Deputy Manager (Security) – 25 years
- Deputy Manager (System Officer)- 24 years
- Deputy Manager (Data Scientist) – 24 years
- Manager (Data Scientist)- 26 years
- Manager (Retail Products) – 25 years
- Risk Specialist- 25 years
- Deputy Manager (Security)- 40 years
- Deputy Manager (System Officer)- 32 years
- Assistant Manager (Systems)- 30 years
- IT Security Expert- 38 years
- Project Manager- 38 years
- Application Architect- 38 years
- Technical Lead- 38 years
- Deputy Manager (Data Scientist)- 35 years
- Manager (Data Scientist)-35 years
- Manager (Retail Products) – 35 years
- Risk Specialist- 30 years
- Data Trainer- 38 years
- Data Translator- 40 years
- Data Protection Officer- 55 years
- Senior Consultant Analyst, Assistant General Manager (Enterprise & Technology Architecture)- 45 years
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship– 40 years
- Restrictions on Attempts
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Lower Age Limit:
Upper Age Limit:
There is no restriction on the number of attempts in the IDBI Executive Exam until the candidate fulfills all the required eligibility criteria.
SBI SO Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||August 28, 2021|
|Last Date of Application||October 18, 2021|
|Date of Issuing Admit Card||November 3, 2021|
|Starting Date of Written Test||November 15, 2021|
SBI SO Exam Pattern 2021
Important points regarding the pattern of the exam:
- SBI Specialists Officers are selected through Online Written Exam.
- The question paper will be bilingual in nature i.e. English & Hindi.
- It will consist of four sections, out of which all will be qualifying in nature except the Professional Knowledge section.
- To be eligible for being short-listed for interview, candidates have to score equal to or above the cut-off marks to be decided by the Bank for the PK test, besides scoring equal to or above the Minimum qualifying marks in other tests.
- The online written test will be held on-line. If the number of applications is less, Bank reserves the right to consider a selection of the candidate(s) through short listing and interview, instead of Online written test & interview.
Pattern for Online Written Exam
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
|1||General Aptitude (Common)
||Qualifying Nature||Objective (Multiple Choice)||90 mins||0.25|
|2||Professional Knowledge (Role Based)
||Merit Ranking Nature||Objective (Multiple Choice)||0.25|
Pattern for InterviewTotal marks allotted: 25
A personal Interview is intended to evaluate the mental calibre and professional knowledge of the respective discipline for which the candidate applied for.
SBI SO Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for Online Written Exam
1 General Aptitude (Common)
Reasoning (No. of Questions: 50):
- Data Interpretation
- Blood Relations
- Non-Verbal Series
- Clocks & Calendars
- Number Ranking
- Decision Making
- Statements & Arguments
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Alphabet Series
- Sitting Arrangement
English Language (No. of Questions: 35):
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Sentence Completion
- Paragraph Completion
- Antonym and synonym
- Grammatical Error based question
Quantitative Aptitude (No. of Questions: 35):
- Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on H.C.F and L.C.M.
- Banker’s Discount
- Decimal Fraction
- Pipes and Cistern
- Problems on Ages
- Time and Distance
- Allegation or Mixture
- Chain Rule
- Compound Interest
- Surds and Indices
- Height and Distance
- Boats and Streams
- Time and Work
- Square Root and Cube Root
- Simple Interest
- Permutation and Combination
- Volume and Surface Area
- Data Interpretation and Analysis
2 Professional Knowledge (Role Based)
- Banking Regulated Laws
- Banking Security Laws
- Negotiable Instruments
- Ethics and Corporate Governance in Banking
- Financial Analysis
- Banking Operational Laws
- Banker-Customer Relations
- Electronic Banking, Loans and Advances
- Compliance and Legal Aspects, Security Types
- Regulatory Frameworks etc.
Systems Officer/IT Officer:
- Computer Networks and Basic Programing Languages (C, C++, Java)
- DataBase Management Systems (DBMS), Basic concepts of Software and Hardware, Data Structures
- Computer Organization, Computer Networks, Network Programming, Algorithms, Digital Electronics, Web Technologies
- Operating system & amp, System programming
- Compiler design
- Software engineering
- Information Systems and Software Engineering etc.
- Direct and Indirect Taxes
- Cost Accounting Concepts
- Management Accounting Concepts
- Basic Accounting concepts and principles
- Accounting Standards
- Auditing standards
- Indian Capital Market, Mutual Funds, Foreign Exchanges, Auditing etc.
- Accounting Standards, Accounting Guidance Note, Financial Report Standards
- Indian Accounting Standards, Corporate Financial Reporting
- Accounting and Reporting of Financial Instrument
- Share-based Payment, Liability Valuation, Share, Business valuation
- Inflation Accounting
- Indian Capital Market, Mutual Funds, Foreign Exchanges, Auditing etc.
- Basic Statistical Methods and Inference
- Time-series forecasting, Sampling Concepts
- Uni-Variate Data, Bi-Variate Data Variance Analysis
- Financial Market
- Foreign Exchanges, Forecasting Portfolio
- Simple Regression, Multiple Regression
- Sampling Distribution, Estimations Theory etc.
Syllabus for Interview
There is no specific syllabus for interview. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only a candidate’s intellectual qualities but also social traits and interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, the balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, the ability for social cohesion, LEADERSHIP, and intellectual and moral integrity.