Punjab National Bank Specialist Officer Exam 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
Punjab National Bank was founded in 1894. It is one of the oldest public sector banks and is referred to as the first Swadeshi Bank. It started its operation from Lahore (now in Pakistan) with Rupees 2 lakhs’ authorized capital. The mission of Punjab National Bank is to create a friendly atmosphere for all the customers and stakeholders. Punjab National Bank has branches all over the country with a large workforce.
Every year it releases notifications for the recruitment of candidates for the post of Specialist Officer, SO (Manager & Senior Manager), It is one of the most trusted brands in the banking sector of India. In its glorious years of existence, Punjab National Bank has experienced several amalgamations. Recently, the Oriental Bank of Commerce and the united bank merged with Punjab National Bank.
|Level of Exam||Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Medium||English, Hindi|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||Recruiting eligible candidates in the post of specialist cadre officer(Manager and Senior manager) in a bank|
|Conducting Body||Punjab National Bank|
PNB SO Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
A candidate must be either:
i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or
iii) subject of Bhutan or
iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
1. Risk Manager- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in math/ statistics/ economics/ FRM/ PRM/ DTIRM/ MBA/ CA/ CIWA with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.
2. Credit Manager- Master’s degree in any discipline/ CA/ICWA/MBA/diploma. They must have received a degree or diploma from an AICTE approved institute only
3. Treasury Manager- MBA Finance/ CA/ ICWA/ CFA/ CAIIB/ PGPBF with minimum 60% marks
4. Law Manager- Bachelor’s degree in law or 5 years integrated degree in Law with 60% minimum marks
5. Architect Manager- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
6. Civil Manager- BE/ BTECH in civil Engineering
7. Human resource manager- Master’s Degree/Diploma in Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/HR/ HRD/ HRM with minimum 60% marks
8. Economics manager- Masters degree in Economics with minimum 60% marks
9. Senior Risk Manager- Bachelor/ Master’s degree in Math/ Statistics/ Economics/ or FRM/ PRM/ DTIRM/ MBA (Finance)/ CA/ ICWA/ CFA/ PGPBF with minimum 60% marks.
10. Senior Credit manager- CA/ICWA/MBA/ Post Graduate Diploma (specialization in Finance) from any AICTE approved institute. Minimum marks obtained should be 60%.
Lower Age Limit
- Manager- 25 years
- Senior Manager- 25 years
Upper Age Limit
- Manager- 35 years
- Senior Manager- 37 years
However, there are age relaxations for candidates belonging to the reserved categories. They are given below in the table:
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|SC/ST (Manager)||40 years|
|OBC (Manager)||38 years|
|PwD (Manager)||45 years|
|Ex- Servicemen (Manager)||40 years|
|Family members of those who died in 1984 riots (Manager)||38 years|
|SC/ST (Senior Manager)||42 years|
|OBC (Senior Manager)||40 years|
|PwD (Senior Manager)||47 years|
|Ex-servicemen (Senior Manager)||42 years|
|Family members of those who died in 1984 riots (Senior Manager)||40 years|
There is no limit on the number of attempts until the candidate fulfil all the required eligibility criteria.
PNB SO Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||September 8, 2020|
|Last Date of Application||September 29, 2020|
|Expected date of Exam||October/ November 2020|
|Result Publication||To be notified|
PNB SO Exam Pattern 2021
Important points regarding the pattern of the examination:
- The selection process for PNB SO consists of two rounds- Online exam and Interview.
- The medium of the paper is both English and Hindi except the section of the English language.
- Once a candidate passes the online exam, he/she is called for an interview.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the interview will not be less than 40%.
- Both the aggregate score of the test and interview will be considered for recruitment.
- Questions left un-attempted do not contribute to any negative markings.
Pattern for Online Test
A composite time of 120 minutes is given for the Phase I Exam.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
This paper will check the reasoning ability of the candidates
|Merit Ranking Nature||50||Objective (Multiple Choice)||0.25||50|
This paper will check the English language proficiency of the students
|Merit Ranking Nature||50||Objective (Multiple Choice)||0.25||25|
This paper will check the mathematical skills of the candidates.
|Merit Ranking Nature||50||Objective (Multiple Choice)||0.25||50|
This paper will check the professional knowledge of the candidates
|Merit Ranking Nature||50||Objective (Multiple Choice)||0.25||75|
*The total marks shown here are considered for merit ranking purposes.
Pattern for InterviewTotal marks allotted: 35
The candidates who will qualify the written test for PNB SO will be eligible to appear for the Interview. The total marks allotted for the Interview are 35.
PNB SO Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for Online Test
- The relationship,
- Verbal and figure classification,
- Arithmetical Reasoning,
- Arithmetical Number Series,
- Space Visualization,
- Visual Memory,
- Analysis and Judgement,
2 English Language
- correct and incorrect sentence,
- synonyms, antonyms,
- idioms and phrases,
- error spotting
3 Quantitative Aptitude
- Linear Equation.
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Data Sufficiency,
- Number Series,
- Permutation & Combination,
- Mixtures & Allegations,
- Sequences & Series,
- Profit & Loss,
- Number Systems,
- Time & Work,
- Surds & Indices,
- Quadratic Equation,
- Problems on Ages,
- Data Interpretation,
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest,
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere,
- Time & distance,
4 Professional Knowledge
- all the basic and advance fundamentals of the subject pursued in graduation.
- Financial fundamentals
- management studies.
Syllabus for Interview
There is no specific syllabus for interview. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only a candidate’s intellectual qualities but also social traits and interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, the balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, the ability for social cohesion, LEADERSHIP, and intellectual and moral integrity.
- 21 Lucrative Career After Law Degree to Flicker Your Wings of Dream
- How To Prepare For Bank Interviews: 10 Super Tips For Last Minute Preparation
- How To Crack Any Competitive Exams: 11 Exam Preparation Tips For 2021
- 100+ Competitive Exams to Get Government Jobs After Graduation in 2021
- 11 Pro Tips to Crack Interviews to Head Start Your Career