National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)- PG 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses. No other entrance examination, either at the state or the Institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.
Qualifying NEET-PG is mandatory for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses under various Universities/ Institutions in the country. This exam is mandatory even for foreign nationals seeking admission in medical courses in India.
|Level of Exam||Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||For admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses.|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination|
NEET-PG Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
- Restrictions on Attempts
Besides Indian Citizens, NRIs, Overseas Citizen of India and foreign nationals can also appear for this exam.
Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the NMC Act, 2019 and the repealed Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possessing permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship.
There is no age limit.
There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
NEET-PG Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||To be notified|
|Last Date of Application||To be notified|
|Date of Exam||To be notified|
NEET-PG Exam Pattern 2021
- NEET PG shall be conducted in a single day & single session as a computer-based examination
- The exam comprises 200 Multiple Choices carrying total of 800 marks.
Pattern for NEET PG
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
||Merit Ranking Nature||Objective (Multiple Choice)||210 mins||1 mark shall be deducted from each incorrect answer.||800|
*The total marks shown here are considered for merit ranking purposes.
NEET-PG Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for NEET PG
1 Paper I
Pre Clinical Subjects
- Anatomy: Anatomical terminology, General features of bones & Joints, General features of Muscle, General features of skin and fascia, cardiovascular system, lymphatic system, nervous system, Chromosomes, Patterns of Inheritance, Principle of Genetics, Chromosomal Aberrations & Clinical Genetics, Introduction to embryology, Gametogenesis and fertilization, The second week of development, 3rd to 8th week of development, Fetal membranes, Prenatal Diagnosis, Ethics in Anatomy etc.
- Biochemistry: Basic Biochemistry, Enzyme, Chemistry and Metabolism of Carbohydrates, Chemistry and Metabolism of Lipids, Chemistry and Metabolism of Proteins, Metabolism and homeostasis, Molecular biology, Nutrition, Extracellular Matrix, Oncogenesis and immunity, Biochemical Laboratory Tests.
- Physiology: General Physiology, Haematology, Nerve and Muscle Physiology, Gastro-intestinal Physiology, Cardiovascular Physiology (CVS), Respiratory Physiology, Renal Physiology, Endocrine Physiology, Reproductive Physiology, Neurophysiology, Integrated Physiology.
- Pathology: Introduction to Pathology, Cell Injury and Adaptation, Amyloidosis, Inflammation, Healing and repair, Hemodynamic disorders, Neoplastic disorders, Basic diagnostic cytology, Immunopathology and AIDS, Infections and Infestations, Genetic and paediatric diseases, Environmental and nutritional diseases, Introduction to haematology, Microcytic anaemia, Macrocytic anaemia, Lymph node and spleen, Plasma cell disorders, Hemorrhagic disorders, Blood banking and transfusion, Clinical Pathology etc.
- Pharmacology: Basic principles of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacology, Experimental Pharmacology, Communication.
- Microbiology: General Microbiology and Immunity, CVS and Blood, Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system, Musculoskeletal system skin and soft tissue infections, Central Nervous System infections, Respiratory tract infections, Genitourinary & Sexually transmitted infections, Zoonotic diseases and miscellaneous.
- Forensic Medicine: General Information, Forensic Pathology, Clinical Forensic Medicine, Medical Jurisprudence (Medical Law and ethics), Forensic Psychiatry, Forensic Laboratory investigation in medical-legal practise, Emerging technologies in Forensic Medicine, General Toxicology, Chemical Toxicology, Pharmaceutical Toxicology, Biotoxicology, Sociomedical Toxicology, Environmental Toxicology, Skills in Forensic Medicine & Toxicology.
- Preventive and Social Medicine: Concept of Health and Disease, Relationship of social and behavioural to health and disease, Environmental Health Problems, Principles of health promotion and education, Nutrition, Basic statistics and its applications, Epidemiology, Epidemiology of communicable and non-communicable diseases, Demography and vital statistics, Reproductive maternal and child health, Occupational Health, Geriatric Services, Disaster Management, Hospital waste management, Mental Health, Health planning and management, Health care of the community, International Health, Essential Medicine, Recent advances in Community Medicine.
- Orthopaedics: Skeletal Trauma, Polytrauma, Fractures, Musculoskeletal Infection, Skeletal Tuberculosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and associated inflammatory disorders, Degenerative disorders, Metabolic bone disorders, Poliomyelitis, Cerebral Palsy, Bone Tumors, Peripheral nerve injuries, Congenital lesions, Procedural Skills, Counselling Skills.
- ENT: Anatomy and Physiology of ear, nose, throat, head & neck, Clinical Skills, Diagnostic and Therapeutic procedures in ENT, Management of diseases of ear, nose & throat.
- Surgery: Metabolic response to injury, Shock, Blood and blood components, Burns, Wound healing and wound care, Surgical infections, Surgical Audit and Research, Ethics, Investigation of the surgical patient Pre, Intra and post-operative management, Anaesthesia and pain management, Nutrition and fluid therapy, Transplantation, Basic Surgical Skills, Biohazard disposal, Minimally invasive General Surgery, Trauma, Skin and subcutaneous tissue, Developmental anomalies of face, mouth and jaws, Oropharyngeal cancer, Disorders of salivary glands, Endocrine General Surgery, Breast, Cardio-thoracic General Surgery- Chest – Heart and Lungs, Vascular disease, Abdomen, Urinary System, Penis, Testis and scrotum.
- Ophthalmology: Visual Acuity Assessment, Lids and Adnexa, Orbit, Conjunctiva, Corneas, Sclera, Iris and Anterior chamber, Lens, Retina & Optic Nerve.
- Medicine: Heart Failure, Acute Myocardial Infarction/ IHD, Pneumonia, Fever and febrile syndromes, Liver disease, HIV, Rheumatologic problems, Hypertension, Anaemia, Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic renal failure, Diabetes Mellitus, Thyroid dysfunction, Common malignancies, Obesity, GI bleeding, Diarrheal disorder, Headache, Cerebrovascular accident, Movement disorders, Envenomation, Poisoning, Mineral, Fluid Electrolyte and Acid-base Disorder, Nutritional and Vitamin, Deficiencies, Geriatrics, Miscellaneous Infections (e.g. Leptospirosis, Rabies, Tetanus), The role of the physician in the community.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Demographics and Vital Statistics, Anatomy of the female reproductive tract (Basic anatomy and embryology), Physiology of conception, development of the fetus and the placenta, Preconception counselling, Diagnosis of pregnancy, Maternal Changes in pregnancy, Antenatal Care, Complications in early pregnancy, Antepartum haemorrhage, Multiple pregnancies, Medical Disorders in Pregnancy, Labour, Abnormal Lie and Presentation; Maternal Pelvis, Operative Obstetrics, Complications of the third stage, Lactation, Care of the newborn, Normal and abnormal puerperium, Medical termination of pregnancy, Contraception, Vaginal discharge, Normal and abnormal puberty, Abnormal uterine bleeding, Amenorrhea, Genital injuries and fistulae, Genital infections, Infertility, Uterine fibroids, PCOS and hirsutism, Uterine prolapse, Menopause, Benign, Pre-malignant (CIN) and Malignant Lesions of the Cervix, Benign and malignant diseases of the uterus and the ovaries.
- Paediatrics: Normal Growth and Development, Common problems related to Growth, Common problems related to Development -1 (Developmental delay , Cerebral palsy), Common problems related to Development-2 (Scholastic backwardness, Learning Disabilities , Autism , ADHD), Common problems related to behavior, Adolescent Health & common problems related to Adolescent Health, To promote and support optimal Breast feeding for Infants, Complementary Feeding, Normal nutrition, assessment and monitoring, Provide nutritional support , assessment and monitoring for common nutritional problems, Obesity in children, Micronutrients in Health and disease-1 (Vitamins ADEK, B Complex and C), Micronutrients in Health and disease -2: Iron, Iodine, Calcium, Magnesium, Toxic elements and free radicals and oxygen toxicity, Fluid and electrolyte balance, Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illnesses (IMNCI) Guideline, The National Health programs: NHM, The National Health Programs: RCH, National Programs, RCH – Universal Immunizations program, Care of the Normal New born, and High risk New born, Genito-Urinary system, Approach to and recognition of a child with possible Rheumatologic problem, Cardiovascular system- Heart Diseases, Diarrhoeal diseases and Dehydration, Malabsorption, Acute and chronic liver disorders, Pediatric Emergencies – Common Pediatric mergencies,Respiratory system, Anemia and other Hemato-oncologic disorders in children, Systemic Pediatrics-Central Nervous system, Allergic Rhinitis , Atopic Dermatitis, Bronchial Asthma , Urticaria Angioedema, Chromosomal Abnormalities, Endocrinology, Vaccine preventable Diseases – Tuberculosis.
- Psychiatry: Doctor-patient relationship, Mental health, Introduction to psychiatry, Psychotic disorders (e.g. alcohol and substance abuse disorders, schizophrenia), Depression, Bipolar disorders, Anxiety disorders, Stress-related disorders, Somatoform disorders, Personality disorders, Psychosomatic disorders, Psychosexual and gender identity disorders, Psychiatric disorders in childhood and adolescence, Mental retardation, Psychiatric disorders in the elderly, Psychiatric emergencies, Therapeutics.
- Dermatology: Acne, Vitiligo, Papulosquamous disorders, Lichen Planus, Scabies, Pediculosis, Fungal Infections, Viral infections, Leprosy, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, HIV, Dermatitis and Eczema, Vesicubullous Lesions, Urticaria Angioedema, Pyoderma, Collagen Vascular disease, Nutritional Deficiencies and Skin, Systemic diseases and skin.
- Radiology: Radiological investigations and Radiation safety.
- Radiotherapy: Principles of Radiation Oncology (Radiotherapy), Radiation Protection, Radiobiology & Chemoradiation, Radiation Treatment Delivery & outcome, Cancer Prevention & Registries.
- Anaesthesia: Anesthesiology as a speciality, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, Preoperative evaluation and medication, General Anaesthesia, Regional anaesthesia, Post-anaesthesia recovery, Intensive Care Management, Pain and its management, Fluids, Patient safety.