National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test-MDS 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
NEET-MDS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination conducted by the National Board of Examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MDS Courses under the Dentists Act, 1948.
No other entrance examination, either at the state or the Institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS courses. Qualifying NEET-MDS is mandatory for entry to MDS courses under various Universities/ Institutions in the country. Every year lakhs of aspirants appear for this exam and only a few thousand get selected in this exam.
|Level of Exam||Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||For admission to various MDS courses under Dentists Act, 1948.|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination|
NEET-MDS Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
Besides Indian citizen, NRIs, Overseas Citizen of India and other foreign nationals can appear for this exam.
- A candidate for admission to the Master in Dental Surgery course must possess a recognised degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery awarded by a recognised university.
- A candidate who after passing the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GoI/DCI), is undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship/practical training and is likely to complete the same.
There is no age limit.
There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
NEET-MDS Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||To be notified|
|Last Date of Application||To be notified|
|Date of Exam||To be notified|
NEET-MDS Exam Pattern 2021
- NEET-MDS shall be conducted in a single day & single session as a computer-based examination.
- The exam comprises 240 Multiple Choices carrying total carrying a total of 960 marks.
Pattern for NEET-MDS
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
||Qualifying Nature||Objective (Multiple Choice)||180 mins||1 mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer.||960|
*The total marks shown here are considered for merit ranking purposes.
NEET-MDS Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for NEET-MDS
1 Paper I
- General Anatomy including embryology and histology
- General human physiology and Biochemistry
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
- General Pathology and Microbiology
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Dental Materials
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Health Dentistry