Indian Coast Guard (Assistant Commandant) Exam 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
Indian Coast Guard is an armed force that protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law. It has been conducting real-life operations around the year at sea. The Organisation conducts the exam for recruiting Assistant Commandants every year.
The selection process is done in two stages, stage I and stage II. In stage I candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their marks that they scored in their bachelor exam. Shortlisted candidates are eligible for the preliminary round. After clearing the prelims candidates move on to stage II, the final test. Only male candidates can apply for this examination, with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks. An Armed Forces of the union, the Indian Coast Guard offers challenging career options to young and dynamic aspiring Indian candidates.
|Level of Exam||Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Medium||English, Hindi|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||Selecting eligible candidates as Assistant Commandants|
|Conducting Body||Indian Coast Guard|
ICG (AC) Exam Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
Candidate should hold citizenship of India.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum 55% mark
- Candidate must have a minimum 60% aggregate in 10+2 level with Mathematics and Physics.
- 5% relaxation will be offered to candidates having outstanding achievements in sports.
- 5% relaxation is given to students from SC/ST category
However, there are age relaxations for candidates belonging to the reserved categories. They are given below in the table:
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
There is no restriction on the number of attempts of the examination as long as the candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria.
ICG (AC) Exam Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||To be notified|
|Last Date of Application||To be notified|
|Issue of Admit Card||To be notified|
|Preliminary Exam||To be notified|
|Date for final selection||To be notified|
ICG (AC) Exam Exam Pattern 2021
Important points regarding the pattern of the exam:
- The examination is conducted in two stages, stage I and stage II.
- Stage I has two parts the shortlisting of candidates and Preliminary tests.
- Students are shortlisted for the preliminary examination on the basis of the marks scored in Bachelor’s degree.
- The preliminary exam is conducted to examine the candidate’s mental ability / cognitive aptitude along with Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- The language of the aptitude test will be English, and the question type will be objective.
- Candidates who clear the prelims are eligible for the final selection.
- The final selection process is consists of Psychological test, Group Task and Personal Interview Round.
- These tests are conducted to test the candidate’s presence of mind and mental ability.
Pattern for Stage-I (Preliminary Selection Exam)
Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type.
Pattern for Stage -II
The candidates who qualify for Preliminary Selection will be called for the Final Selection. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
ICG (AC) Exam Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for Stage-I (Preliminary Selection Exam)
- Theme Detection.
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence.
- Situation Reaction Test.
- Statement of Arguments.
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle.
- Eligibility Test.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Series Completion.
- Statement Conclusions.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Puzzle Test.
- Alphabet Test.
- Logical Venn Diagrams.
Mental Ability Test:
- Product of Vectors.
- Transformation of Axes.
- Pairs of Straight Lines.
- Applications of Derivatives.
- Three-Dimensional Coordinates.
- Direction Cosines & Direction Ratios, etc.
- Definite Integrals.
- System of circles.
- Limits and Continuity.
- Random Variables and Probability Distributions.
- Hyperbolic Functions.
- Straight Line.
- Additions of Vectors.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Complex Numbers.
- Theory of Equations.
- Partial fractions.
- Mathematical Induction.
- Differential equations.
You will be given a haze picture for 30 seconds and afterward given 1 minute to note down the subtleties of the image and 4 minutes to compose the story that is suitable with the shown picture. You are needed to notice this foggy picture carefully inside these given 30 seconds.
Syllabus for Stage -II
- Emotional Intelligence
- Gender Role
- Physical Health