Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education to recruit qualified candidates for the posts of teacher in the schools within the state of Himachal Pradesh.
The Teacher Eligibility Test, known as TET, is the minimum qualification required in India for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for Classes I to VIII. The test is mandatory for teaching jobs in Indian government schools. With the introduction of TET, the Government of Himachal Pradesh conducts the exam to appoint teachers in government and provincialised schools within the state. In Himachal Pradesh, TET is conducted for the subjects of TGT (Arts/Non-Medical/Medical)/Shastri/L.T/JBT/Punjabi/Urdu).
|Level of Exam||Under Graduate, Graduate, State Level|
|Exam Medium||English, Hindi|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||To recruit qualified candidates for the post of teacher in schools.|
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBSE)|
HP TET Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- TGT (Arts): B.A./B.Com. with a minimum score of 50% and 1-year B. Ed. or B. Ed. (Special Education), OR 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum score of 50% and 4-years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed.)
- TGT (Non-Medical): B.Sc.(NM) with a minimum score of 50% and 1-year B. Ed or B. Ed. (Special Education), OR 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum score of 50% and 4-years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed.) or B.Sc. (NM Ed.).
- TGT (Medical): B.Sc.(Medical) with a minimum score of 50% and 1-year B. Ed or B. Ed. (Special Education), OR 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum score of 50% and 4-years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed.) or B. Sc. (Medical Ed.)
- Shastri: Shastri with a minimum score of 50% from an awarding body that is duly recognized by the H.P. Government.
- Language Teacher (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi): B. A. with Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi as an elective subject and 2-years Diploma in Elementary Education/1-year B. Ed. or B. Ed. (Special Education), OR M.A. (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi) with a minimum of 50% score from a recognized University and 1-year B.Ed.
- Junior Basic Training: 10+2 with a minimum score of 50% marks, and 2-years JBT certificate from a duly recognized Awarding Body, OR 1-year Diploma in Elementary Education, OR 2-years Diploma in Elementary Education (Special Education).
There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
HP TET Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||September 29, 2021|
|Last Date of Application||October 13, 2021|
|Fee Payment||October 18, 2021|
|Correction Date||October 19, 2021|
|Admit Card||November 10, 2021|
|Written Exam||November 13, 2021|
|Answer Key||December 4, 2021|
HP TET Exam Pattern 2021
There will be one paper consisting of subjects including TGT Arts, TGT Non-Medical, TGT Medical, TGT Shastri, TGT L. T (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi), TGT JBT.
Pattern for Teacher Eligibility Test
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
||Qualifying Nature||Objective (Multiple Choice)||150 mins||150|
HP TET Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for Teacher Eligibility Test
1 TET Paper I
- TGT Arts: Child psychology and development, teaching-learning process, pedagogy, general awareness, current affairs & environmental studies, social studies, English literature and grammar.
- TGT Medical: Pedagogy, child psychology and development, teaching-learning process, botany and zoology section, chemistry, general awareness, current affairs.
- TGT Non-Medical: Mathematics, physics, chemistry, general awareness, teaching-learning process, etc.
- TGT Shastri & Language Teacher (Hindi/Punjabi/Urdu): Subject-oriented questions, current affairs, EVS
- JBT TET (D.El.Ed): Child development and pedagogy, teaching-learning processes, English & Hindi literature and grammar section, mathematics, social science, Himachal Pradesh current affairs.