Foreign Medical Graduate Examination 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
The FMGE-Screening Test has been introduced through Screening Test Regulations 2002. As per the regulations, “An Indian citizen/Overseas citizen of India possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15th March 2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act.
National Board of Examinations (NBE) has been entrusted with the responsibility to conduct the Screening Test as per Screening Test Regulations 2002.
|Level of Exam||Under Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||For gettig provisional or permanent registration with Medical Council of India.|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination|
FMGE Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
The candidate should be an Indian citizen/Overseas citizen of India possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India.
- The candidate is an Indian/or Overseas Citizen of India
- The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as a medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
There is no age limit.
There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
FMGE Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||To be notified|
|Last Date of Application||To be notified|
|Date of Exam||To be notified.|
FMGE Exam Pattern 2021
- The exam consists of one paper comprising 300 multiple-choice questions.
- The paper will be delivered in two parts
Pattern for FMGE
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
||Qualifying Nature||300||Objective (Multiple Choice)||150 mins||300|
*The total marks shown here are considered for merit ranking purposes.
FMGE Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for FMGE
1 Paper I
- Anatomy: General Anatomy, Elements of Anatomy, Regional Anatomy, Embryology, Histology, Human Genetics, Radiological Anatomy, Surface Anatomy, Sectional Anatomy.
- Physiology: General Physiology, Body fluids – Blood, Nerve and Muscle, Gastrointestinal Tract, Kidney,
Skin and Body temperature, Endocrine Glands, Reproduction, Cardiovascular System, Respiratory System
Central Nervous Systems, Special Senses.
- Biochemistry: Cell and Sub-cellular structures, Hydrogen Ion concentration Acid, Bases, Buffers, Handerson-Haselbach equation, Isotopes and their Application, Carbohydrates, Amino Acids, Peptides and Proteins, Lipids, Nuclear Acids, Enzymes, Vitamins, Biological Oxidation, Digestion and Absorption from GI Tract, Intermediary Metabolism, Carbohydrate Metabolism, Lipid Metabolism, Protein and Amino Acid Metabolism, Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism, Minerals, Biochemical Genetics and Protein Biosynthesis, Tissue Biochemistry, Liver Functions, Nutrition and Energy Metabolism.
- Pathology: Cell injury, Inflammation and Repair, Immunopathology, Infectious diseases, Circulatory disturbances, Growth disturbances and Neoplasia, Nutritional and other disorders, Genetic disorder,
Haematology, Cardiovascular Pathology, Respiratory Pathology, Pathology of Kidney and urinary Tract,
Hepato-Biliary Pathology, Lymphoreticular System/Spleen, Reproductive System (male & female), Diseases of the Breast, Musculoskeletal System, Endocrine pathology, Neuropathology, Dermato-Pathology, Ocular Pathology.
- Microbiology: General Microbiology, Immunology, Bacteriology, General Virology, Systemic Virology, Mycology, Parasitology, Clinical / Applied Microbiology.
- Pharmacology: General Pharmacology, Autonomic Nervous System, Cardio-vascular System, Diuretics,
Drugs affecting blood and blood formation, Autocoids and related drugs, Respiratory System, Gastrointestinal System, Endocrine pharmacology, Central Nervous System, Psychopharmacology, Drugs in Anaesthetic practice, Chemotherapy, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology and Rational drug use.
- Forensic Medicine: Definitions, Courts of India, Court procedures, Medical Certifications & medico-legal reports including dying declaration, Death, Changes after death, Inquest by police, magistrate and coroner, Identification, Examination of mutilated human remains, Medico-legal autopsies, Mechanical injuries and wounds, Examination of an injury case, Injuries due to physical agents & their medico-legal importance, Asphyxial death, Death due to malnutrition, neglect battered babies, Dowry death, Virginity, sexual offences, sexual perversions, Legitimacy, Pregnancy and delivery, Infanticide, Biological fluids
Seminal stains, Forensic Psychiatry, Medical Jurisprudence, Toxicology.
- General Surgery: Hemorrhage and shock, Fluid, electrolyte and Acid balance, nutrition, Skin tumours, burns, skin grafting, Arterial diseases, Venous diseases, Lymphatic and Lymph nodes, Wounds Specific and non-specific injections, Tumors, Cysts, Ulcers and Sinuses and Fistulae, Infections of Hand and Foot
Diseases of muscle, tendons, bursae and fascia, Hernia, Umbilical granuloma, fistula, adenoma, Abdominal Wall, Face, Teeth, Gums, Mouth, Tongue, Salivary glands, Neck, Thyroid Glands, Thyroglossal Tract and Endocrines, Breast, Sympathetic System, Cranio-Cerebral injuries, Brain, Nerves, Genito-Urinary System
Kidneys and Ureters, Urinary Bladder, Prostrate, Urethra, Penis, Testis and Scrotum, Vasectomy and Recanalisation, Cardiothoracic System, Oesophagus, Stomach and Duodenum, Spleen, Liver, Gall Bladder and bile ducts, Pancreas, Peritoneum, Intestines, intestinal obstruction, Appendix, Rectum and Anal Canal.
- Anaesthesia: Anatomy of the upper airway, Physiology of Respiration O2/CO2 transport. Methods of oxygen therapy, Pre-operative evaluation/pre-medication, Anaesthetic agents, stages of Anaesthesia, Principles and mechanism of administration of general anaesthetics, balanced, Anaesthesia, IPPV, Endotracheal Intubations, Muscle Relaxants, Spinal/Epidural Anesthesia, Local Anesthesia, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation basic, use of simple ventilators, Monitoring, ICU, the role of anaesthesiologist in ICU, Shock, Blood Transfusion and Fluid Electoral Balance, Sites of respiratory obstruction and management of the airway in an unconscious, patient, Poisoning, Role of anaesthesiologist in acute and chronic relief.
- Orthopaedics: Traumatology: Injuries of bones and joints, Injuries of Lower Extremity, Injuries of the Spine Vascular Injuries. Cold Orthopedics, Regional Conditions, Neuro-Muscular Disorder, Bone and Joint Tuberculosis, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Radio-Diagnosis: Respiratory System, Cardiovascular System, Gastrointestinal System, Obstetrics &Gynaecology, Skeletal System, Central Nervous System, Excretory System.
- Radiotherapy: Principles of Radiotherapy, Principles of Chemotherapy, Prevention and Early diagnosis of Cancer, Principles of Nuclear medicine, Common radiation reactions and management, Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in commonly seen cancers, Radio-isotopes in diagnosis and therapy.
- Paediatrics: Vital statistics, Neonatology, Growth & Development, Nutrition, Infections, Genetics, Pediatric Emergencies, Central Nervous System, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Endocrinology, Respiratory System.
- Medicine: Clinical Methods in the practice of Medicine, Common symptoms of disease, Nutrition/Exposure to Physical & Chemical Agents, Infections, Haematology, Respiratory System, Cardio-Vascular System, Gastro-Intestinal Tract, Emergency Medicine, Neurological System, Nephrology & Urinary system connected to Tissue Disorders, Endocrine System, Geriatrics.
- Tuberculosis and Respiratory Disease: Diagnosis and management of common ailments affecting the chest with special emphasis on management and prevention of Tuberculosis and National Tuberculosis Control Programme.
- Psychiatry: History aspects and diagnosis & treatment of mental illness, Conduction of Mental Status Examination, Behavioral Sciences, Different psychoses Clinical features, diagnosis and management of :
Schizophrenia, mania and depression, Anxiety disorders and hysteria, Dementia, Alcoholism, Drug Abuse
Psychiatric emergencies, Clinical features, diagnosis and management of psychiatric disorders of childhood
and adolescence, Personality disorder.
- Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Dermatological therapy, Lichen Planus, Diseases caused by Nutritional and Environmental Factors, Infective Disorders, Melanocytes, pigment metabolism and other disorders of Pigmentation, Allergic Disorders, Dermatitis and Eczema, Vesiculobullous Diseases
Alopecia and Hirsutism, Structure and functions of Sebaceous glands and Disease, Leprosy, Psoriasis
- Ophthalmology: Basic sciences – Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Elementary Optics, Diseases of the Eye, Conjunctiva, Cornea, Sclera, Uveal Tract, Lens, Vitreous, Glaucoma, Retina, Optic Nerve, Intra-Occular Tumors, Squint, Orbit, Lacrimal System, Lids, Refractive Errors, Injuries, Ophthalmic Surgery, Community Ophthalmology, Miscellaneous.
- Otorhinolaryngology: Diseases of the Ear, Diseases of Nose and Para Nasal sinuses, Diseases of Nasopharynx, Diseases of Trachea, Oesophagus.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: Anatomy of the Female Reproductive Tract, Physiology of conception, Development of foetus and placenta, Diagnosis of pregnancy, Maternal changes in pregnancy, Antenatal care, Abnormal obstetrics, Normal labour, Normal puerperium, Breast Feeding, Care of newborn, Medical termination of pregnancy, Family planning, Operative Obstetrics, Post caesarian pregnancy, Pharmacotherapeutics in obstetrics, Safe motherhood, Maternal morbidity and morality, Medico-legal aspects, RCH, Current topics, Vaginal discharge, Menstrual disorder, Fertility, infertility, Endometriosis and allied states, Genital injuries and fistulae, Genital infections, Genital prolapse, Tumours, Carcinoma
Radiotherapy in gynaecology, Chemotherapy in gynaecology, Endoscopy, Diseases of breast, Operative gynaecology.
- Community Medicine: Evaluation of Public Health and Concepts of Health, Environment and Health, Health Education, Nutrition and Dietetics, Occupational Health, Medical Sociology and Community Mental Health, Fundamentals of Biostatistics, Basic Epidemiology, Epidemiology of Specific Diseases,
Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases, Demography, Reproductive and Child Health, School Health, Urban Health, Health System in India, Health Planning and Management including Disaster Management, International Health.