Assam Higher Secondary TET 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
Assam Higher Secondary Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted to appoint Post Graduate Teachers in higher secondary schools within the state of Assam.
The Teacher Eligibility Test, known as TET, is the minimum qualification required in India to become a teacher in a government school. Those candidates who possess a Post Graduation degree in a particular subject with a B.Ed degree is qualified to appear in the PGT TET to get appointed in a higher secondary school within the state of Assam.
|Level of Exam||Post Graduate, State Level|
|Exam Medium||English, Assamese, Bengali, Bodo|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||To recruit qualified candidates in the posts of teacher in Higher Secondary schools.|
|Conducting Body||Secondary Education Department, Assam|
Assam HS TET Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit The minimum age to appear in the Assam HS TET examination is 21 years.
- Restrictions on Attempts
The candidate must be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of Assam.
The candidate must have a Post-Graduation with at least 50% marks from a recognized University and a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from a National Council for Teachers Education recognized institution.
There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
Assam HS TET Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||November 20, 2020|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2020|
|Exam||January 10, 2021|
Assam HS TET Exam Pattern 2021
There will be two papers:
- Paper-I will be common to all candidates.
- Paper-II will consist of three optional subjects out of which candidates will have to select any one of the subjects.
Pattern for PG TET
|Sl. No.||Name of the Paper/Section||Nature||Nos. of Questions||Question Type||Duration||Negative Marking||Marks|
||Qualifying Nature||100||Objective (Multiple Choice)||120 mins||100|
The candidate has to select any of the three options.
|Qualifying Nature||100||Objective (Multiple Choice)||120 mins||100|
*The total marks shown here are considered for merit ranking purposes.
Assam HS TET Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for PG TET
1 Paper I
- Teaching-Learning Process and Pedagogy: General Principles of Teaching, Maxims of Teaching, Significant trends in Modern Teaching-Learning Process, Process of Learning-Major Laws of Learning, Role of Motivation in Learning, Teaching Methods and Techniques, Teaching Skills, Teaching Devices, Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Cognitive, Affective & Psychomotor, Lesson Plan: Essentials of a good Unit, Teaching Aids.
- Educational Psychology: Educational Psychology-Its Meaning and Nature: Application of Educational
Psychology in the classroom, Attention and Interest – Its Educational Implication, Personality- Its Concept- the role of family and school in personality development, Education of Children with Special Needs, Mental Health and Hygiene, Adjustment and Mechanism, Intelligence- concept and nature: Individual differences in intelligence, creativity.
- Psychology of Adolescence: Significance of Adolescence Period, Dimensions of Development during Adolescence- physical, intellectual, social, emotional and moral, Emotional problems in the classroom, Understanding the adolescent learner- the role of family and school, Juvenile Delinquency, Guidance and Counseling, Understanding Developmental Hazards during adolescence.
- Remedial Grammar: Determiners, Tense Forms, Auxiliaries- primary and modals, Direct and indirect narration, Active and passive voice, Appropriate prepositions, Vocabulary-antonyms, synonyms, homonyms, Pairs of Words.
- Composition: Clauses, Punctuation, Types of sentences, Sentence structure – word order, Common Errors.
Basic Numericals: Algebra (i) Set theory (ii) Quadratic equation (iii) Ratio, proportion and variation, Geometry (i) Theorems of the circle, locus, symmetry & similar triangle (ii) Construction of quadrilateral and coordinate geometry, Commercial Arithmetic(Banking and tax), Trigonometry, Statistics and probability, Mensuration.
Assam and Its People
- History of Assam: Ancient Assam: Bhagadutta, Bhaskar Varman, Medieval Assam: Sukapha, Naranarayana, Vaishnava movement, Sufi movement and Modern Assam: Advent of the British rule, Assam under colonial rule, Assam’s role in the freedom movement.
- Geography of Assam: Physical, economic and human-physical division, Climate, biodiversity, Agriculture, tea, oil, cottage and small scale industries, Census Assam 2011.
2 Paper II
|Option A||Option B||Option C|
|Part I: Business Studies
Part II: Accountancy
Part III: Salesmanship and Advertising
Part IV: Banking
Part V: Insurance
|Candidates can choose any two parts from the following:
Part I: Physics
Part II: Chemistry
Part III: Biology
Part Iv: Mathematics