Armed Forces Medical Services Exam 2021
Eligibility | Dates | Pattern | Syllabus
The Army Medical Corps is amongst one of the best options available to Medical graduates in India. It offers a medical graduate a golden opportunity to be a part of the world’s finest service.
Armed Forces Medical Services is the first tri-service (Army, Navy and Air Force) organization and one of the largest organized medical services in the country. It has state of the art tertiary care hospitals and speciality centres of excellence. It provides medical support to the Armed Forces during the war as well as comprehensive healthcare to all service personnel, ex-servicemen and their dependents during peace.
SSC officers are commissioned as Capt (or equivalent rank in Navy/ Air Force) on entry and are eligible for promotion up to the rank of Major (or equivalent rank in Navy/ Air Force) after four years of service and Lt Col (or equivalent rank in Navy/Air Force) after a total service of eleven years, subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
|Level of Exam||Graduate, National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Purpose of the Exam||For grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services|
|Conducting Body||Short Services Commission|
AFMS Exam Eligibity Criteria 2021
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit The upper age limit to appear in the AFMS examination is 45 years.
- Restrictions on Attempts
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate must pass their final MBBS examination on the first or second attempt only. The candidate must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council/MCI. Postgraduate degree/diploma holders recognized by State Medical Council/MCI/NBE can also apply.
- SSC officers are eligible for 03 (three) chances to apply for DPC at any time after completion of 02 (two) years of SSC service and before completion of 9 ½ (nine years and six months) years of SSC service subject to fulfilment of other eligibility criteria.
- A candidate should have a minimum of two years and should not have more than 9 ½ (nine years and six months) years of SSC service as of 31 Dec of the year of application for DPC.
- Subject to the condition that not more than two chances shall be given in the first tenure of five years.
AFMS Exam Important Dates 2021
|Starting Date of Application||To be notified|
|Last Date of Application||To be notified|
|Date of Exam||To be notified|
AFMS Exam Pattern 2021
- Eligible candidates will be called for an interview by a Board of Officers.
- Every candidate on being qualified in interview will have to attend the Special Medical Examination Board (SMB) constituted by DGAFMS for examining his or her medical fitness as per laid down standards.
Pattern for Personal Interview
AFMS Exam Syllabus 2021
Syllabus for Personal Interview
There is no specified syllabus for the interview. The interview is intended to test the professional knowledge as well as the personality of the candidate.
The board will pay special attention to assess alertness of mind, leadership quality, critical powers of assimilation etc.