Nalbari Municipal Board was established on 15th March 1935 though as Municipal Town Committee with only 4 Wards and upgraded as full-fledged Municipal Board in the year 1950 with 12 Municipal Wards. Mr. Jamini Kanta Chakrabarty, the then ADC, was first nominated Chairman to the Town Committee and Late Prabhat Narayan Choudhury, was its first Vice-Chairman who also became Chairman of the Board for several terms.
Nalbari became a full-fledged district on 14th August 1985 vide Government of Assam Notification No. GAC (B) 46/33 dated 10th Day of August 1985 with its head-quarter Nalbari.
Industry: Public Administration