General Administration Department, Manipur
General Administration Department is one of the most important regulatory departments of the State Government. The Department functions under the leadership of Phungzathang Tonsing, the Hon’ble Minister(GAD). The Administrative Secretary is P.C. Luwmkunga, IAS, Chief Secretary ably assisted by Norbert Disinang, IAS, Commissioner(GAD) one Secretary, one Under Secretary, 3(three) Section Officers and 44 supporting staff. It deals with the entire gamut of personnel management in the Government- training, recruitment, performance evaluation, promotion, discipline, Instructions, placement, service conditions, Revenue Tribunal, State Academy of Training (SAT), Manipur, Declaration of State Guest, creating databases and using information technology, maintenance of POL, State Guest House, Manipur Bhavans and so on. The function of the General Administrative Department(GAD):
- All matters relating to Secretariat Establishment and Administration.
- All matters relating to opening, upgradation, etc. of Post Offices.
- All matters relating to Protocol, Warrant of Precedence, etc.
- All matters relating to records and Library of the Secretariat.
- All matters relating to Government Oil Depot.