The Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts, Nagaland is a department under the Finance Department of Government of Nagaland. The Directorate is headed by Director from the Nagaland Public Service cadre and he is assisted by a group of officers viz. Joint Director, Deputy Director, Sr. Finance & Accounts Officer and Finance & Accounts Officer.
The Directorate is entrusted with the following functions:
- Receipt of Government money
- Custody of Government money
- Maintenance of initial accounts, rendering of accounts to the Accounts General
- Acting as a banker in respect of funds of local bodies and similarly placed institutions who keep their fund with Treasuries
- Processing of claims of various Government departments, societies, Autonomous bodies/council and passing of bills for payment, after due validation by Treasury
- Issue of non-judicial stamp
- Payment of interest on Government Promissory Notes
- Managing the National pension Scheme & NPS lite etc.
Industry: Finance & Insurance