Directorate Of School Education, Mizoram
Formal education in Mizoram started with the arrival of Christian missionaries. The Christian Missionaries introduced the Roman scripts in 1894 with a phonetic form of spelling. They started opening schools in a few villages, such as Khawrihnim, Phulpui, and Chhingchhip 1901. In 1903, three more schools were opened and seven more in the next year. In 1909, the first-ever Middle Schools were opened in Aizawl and Serkawn respectively. In 1944, the first High School was started in Aizawl by public donations. The opening of High School marked a new epoch of event in the educational progress in the hilly area, now called Mizoram.
Directorate of School Education, Mizoram aims to ensure universal access to quality education for establishing a literate society.
Industry: Public Administration