Assam Public Service Commission
Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) is a constitutional body, which is responsible for the recruitment of personnel in various Assam Government posts and services. It conducts Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) to recruit eligible candidates for Assam Civil Service, Assam Police Service and other allied services.
The Assam Public Service Commission has to discharge the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. It includes:
- To recommend candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State Government.
- To advise the Government on the principles to be followed to assess the suitability of the officers for promotion.
- To advise the Govt. on all disciplinary matters affecting the person serving under the Government within the purview of the Commission.
- To advise the Government on all matters relating to framing of Recruitment Rules/Draft Service Rules of different departments of the Government.
- To advise the Government relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services.
- To advise the Government on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission.
- To conduct Departmental examinations for Government services.