IELTS and TOEFL are the two most common exams that some top universities conduct to check the English level of international students before giving them admission.
Some universities accept both of the exams, but some universities accept one over others. If you are planning to study abroad, IELTS and TOEFL are the first things you need to clear before making your way to the top foreign universities.
This article will talk about the top institutes and websites for IELTS and TOEFL preparation. But before that, let’s take an overview of IELTS and TOEFL.
What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is one of the most and widely famous English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration.
It is owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English, and more than 140 countries and 10,000 organizations accept the IELTS.
There are two types of IELTS tests –
- IELTS Academic: This one best suits for the students who want to take admission to an English speaking country’s university for higher education.
- IELTS General Training: If you are planning to migrate to an English speaking country, or want to go for work, this test is designed for you.
IELTS Exam Format
The exam is solely paper-based, and the length of the exam is 2 hours and 45. The exam structure consists of four sets: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
|Listening||40 questions||Approximately 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes’ transfer time)|
|Reading||40 questions||60 minutes|
|Writing||2 tasks||60 minutes|
|Speaking||3 parts||11–14 minutes|
What is TOEFL?
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a standardized test to measure the English level and speaking ability. Universities around the world use the TOEFL test as a part of the admission process. The test is intended for the students who are looking to take admission in foreign universities for their education.
Other people who need a license or certificate in a particular field need to demonstrate their English level or want to assess their English skills, and progress in a formal setting can take the test too.
|Listening||34-51 questions||60-90 minutes|
|Reading||36-56 questions||60-80 minutes|
|Writing||2 tasks||50 minutes|
|Speaking||6 tasks||20 minutes|
Best Institutes for IELTS and TOEFL Preparation
Though IELTS and TOEFL are 2 different exams, most of the institutes provide training programs for both. Here’s a list of some top institutes:
1. British Council
British Council is a UK based educational organization with offices in 9 Indian states, including Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, etc. British Council is considered as the best institute for IELTS. From more than 90 countries worldwide, over two million people have taken exams with the British Council.
- Qualified examiners trained and accredited by Cambridge English
- Free access to online self-study resource for IELTS test takers – Road to IELTS
- Free access to IELTS practice tests, preparation apps, and videos.
- Free access to computer-delivered IELTS familiarization test.
Course Fee – INR 10,950/- to 15,050/-
Jamboree has its centers in almost all the major cities in India, plus UAE and Nepal. With more than 20 years of establishment, Jamboree is one of the oldest institutes for IELTS and TOEFL coaching with decent popularity and portfolio. It covers all the sections of the exams, along with mock tests and real-life scenarios.
- 24+ hours of classes
- 16 hours of Live training for English Foundation(Grammar & Writing)
- Jamboree’s study material
- 8-12 full-length mock tests
- Customized essay grading and exam guidance
- Unlimited doubt clearing sessions
- Unlimited access to library
- Course validity of 3 months
- One free university counseling session
Fee – INR 13,250/-
This is a Delhi and Chandigarh based British Council, and IDP approved consultancy for studying abroad. Megamind provides IELTS coaching and free consultation. The IELTS coaching at Megamind is conducted by British Council Certified educators.
- 56 Authentic papers covering all 4 Modules (LRWS)
- WhatsApp Assistance
- Complimentary Extra Classes & Doubt Sessions
- Tips, Tricks, and Strategies to score high
Fee – You can request the fee from the official website.
4. EDWISE International
Edwise International has been working since 1991 in India, with 24 branches across the country. Edwise collaborates with many international universities to provide free IELTS coaching to students who want to study abroad.
- A team of over 450 experts in 24 offices
- Personalized preparation based on adaptive learning
- Special test-taking strategies
- one-on-one speaking sessions
Fee – INR 13,250/-
5. IELTS academy
IELTS Academy is a Bengaluru-based IELTS institute that authorized and the Gold Member of the British Council IELTS Partnership Programme.
They have won several awards for IELTS coachings such as the Top Partner Award from the British Council for the state of Karnataka and Bangalore, and the “Best Institute Award” from Think Vidya.
- They offer Regular, Weekend, and Crash Courses
- Free Comprehensive Study Materials
- For regular classes, they provide – 15 days practice session plus weekly mock test
- For crash course – Two modules per week, 15 days practice session plus weekly mock test.
- Free study material, Mock Test
Fee – INR 9,500/- (regular classes); INR 7,900/- (weekend classes)
6. Triumphant Institute of Management Education Private Limited (TIME)
TIME was established in 1992, and since then, it has built an excellent reputation for both TOEFL and IELTS. TIME’s TOEFL course offers 30 classes for two months, which covers all the four sections.
- 237 offices in 118 cities with over 40 IIT/IIM graduates’ team
- Free practice and mock tests
- Well structured classes for every section
- Listening section to train better
Fee – You can request the fee from the official website.
7. Anglo English
Anglo English completed its 13 years in February 2020, and it is one of the leading institutes for TOEFL and IELTS in Chennai. They are partnered with Cambridge University Press for training and testing materials.
Their TOEFL duration is from is 80 hours, which can be completed in one month (4 hours/day) or two months (2 hours/day) or 15 days (6 hrs/day).
- Original Cambridge Materials
- Weekdays and weekends classes
- Customized Training Schedule
- One-on-One Training for TOEFL/IELTS
- It is also an Authorised Agent for British Council and IDP Education Australia
Fee – INR 12,000/-
Study Material for TOEFL
TOEFL is a simulated exam where you cannot rely only on books; you need to listen to audio and speak to focus on your accent and pronunciation.
You can either choose applications and software to download or buy books along with CDs. Here is a guide to the best books and guides to help you with your TOEFL prep.
- The Official Guide to the TOEFL: This is the official guide designed and published by ETS. It comes with three practice tests on a CD, and it is considered as the best book for beginners.
- Kaplan TOEFL iBT Premier: This is recommended by many TOEFL experts. It includes four practice tests and a complete introduction to all four sections.
- The Official TOEFL iBT Tests collection: This is another useful guide from the official governing agency ETS. This guide contains five original TOEFL tests administered ETS in the past.
This was a guide to choose your best IELTS and TOEFL institute in India according to your location. We hope you found our article useful to select the best fitted TOEFL and IELTS institute.
However, if you are looking for online TOEFL/IELTS prep, you can visit our blog – 10 Websites That Helps You In TOEFL And IELTS Preparations Online