Being a third organ of the government, the judiciary plays an important role in democracy. It is one of the most revered institutions in the country and Judges also hold the most respected position in the Judicial System in India. Therefore, most law students dream of becoming a part of the Judicial Services in India. Even many of the students embark on the journey of preparation for judiciary exams right from the initial years of law college.
If you are a law student or a practising Advocate who also has the dream of being a part of the Judicial Service, then you should go through this article. This article will discuss the best websites and coaching institutes that provide online judiciary coaching. But before that let’s have an idea about the Judicial Services Exam or PCS J Exam.
What is the Judicial Service or PCS J Exam?
The Judicial Services Exam is one of the most coveted exams which give law students and advocates an opportunity to be a part of the Indian Judiciary by becoming a Judge. The exam is conducted both for Subordinate as well as Higher Judiciary. For higher judicial service examination, candidates require seven years of practice as an advocate.
But, in most of the states in India, a lower judicial service examination does not require the experience of practice as an advocate. After clearing the higher judicial service exam, a candidate is appointed as a District and Session Judge. Whereas, after clearing the lower judicial service exam a candidate is appointed as a Civil Judge or a Judicial Magistrate.
10 Best Websites for taking online judiciary coaching
We have made a list of 10 websites that will help you to make your journey of preparation easier. These are considered as India’s leading platforms for PCS J online coaching that have many years of experience in the education field.
1. Judicial Adda
Judicial Adda is one of India’s leading online platforms registered in the form of a Private Limited Company under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. It facilitates online coaching for Judicial Services Examination. Besides the Judicial Service exam, it also provides coaching for Assistant Prosecution Officer Exam APO, Assistant District Attorney ADA, Law Officer etc.
- Provides time-saving and comprehensive PDF notes.
- Conduct subject-wise regular mock tests.
- Organizes webinars on various legal topics and Supreme Court Judgment from time to time.
- A separate doubt session is organized through the WhatsApp group.
- Separate fee for separate courses including model paper course, previous paper and translation course, etc.
Course fee: Rs. 1,000-12,000/-
2. Delhi Law Academy
Delhi Law Academy is one of India’s best online judiciary coaching institutes which began the classes in 2011 at Satya Niketan New Delhi. After increasing the number of students, they started online classes in 2016. This online platform gets students in the top 100 ranks regularly.
- Study material is available in two packs- Basic and Advanced pack.
- Advanced pack contains over 1800 pages of printed study material and about 300 Supreme Court and Privy Council Judgments.
- 6 months regular course with 10 solved tests and 3 months crash course with 5 solved tests.
- Different fees for online notes and printed notes.
- Online notes will be valid for 1 year.
- Separate fee for online test series.
- Separate fees for online classes and online classes with printed notes.
- 6 months Regular Course only for online class: Rs. 38,990/-
- 6 months Regular Course online classes plus Printed notes: Rs. 48,990/-
- 3 months Crash Course online class Fee: Rs. 24,990/-
- 3 months Crash Course online classes plus printed notes: Rs. 34,990/-
3. Judiciary Gold-A Toprankers Initiative
Judiciary Gold provides online judiciary coaching through recorded lectures, live online doubt clearing sessions, online test series, online study materials, and bullet notes. The institute has highly experienced faculty who provide excellent teaching.
They have state-specific batches in the states of Rajasthan, Haryana, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh where the duration varies between 1 to 2.5 months. The regular classes and test series in Rajasthan cost Rs 7,999/- and Rs. 1,999/- respectively. The test series in Haryana cost Rs. 2,599. In M.P and U.P there is a provision of a combo pack including both classes and test series that cost Rs. 8,999/-.
- Complete course coverage of 12 Major and Minor Subjects
- Video Analysis of all Comprehensive Tests.
- Model Solutions to Past Year Papers.
- Interview Prep Sessions.
- Judgment Writing Sessions.
- Focus on English and General Knowledge too.
- For 2 years course Rs. 89,999/-
- For a 1-year course Rs. 59,999/-
- For 6 Months course Rs. 35,999/-
- For 1 Months course Rs. 8,999/-
- Judgment Writing course Rs. 9,999/-
4. Rahul’s IAS Academy
Rahul’s IAS is a coaching institute that provides coaching for IAS as well as Judicial Service Exam. The institute was formally established in the year 2001 and is the oldest coaching institute in Delhi. The institute offers courses only for law as a subject for IAS and judicial exams. Rahul’s IAS is regarded as the best coaching institute for the judiciary in India and a maximum number of students enrol with its courses.
- Highly experienced faculty.
- Provides coaching both for English and Hindi Medium.
- 1636 hours of classroom lectures.
- One recorded video available for 7 days 24*7 for revision purposes.
- Provision of payment of fee on instalment.
- A fine of Rs. 100/- will be imposed on late payment of fees.
Fee Structure for Online classes:
- For English Medium: Rs. 2,57,500/- (inclusive of GST)
- For Hindi Medium: Rs. 1,25,500/- (inclusive of GST)
5. Judicial Competition Times
Judicial Competition Times is one of the best online judicial coaching institutes in India that provides coaching for various State Judicial Services examinations. Besides the Judicial Service examination the institute also provides coaching for the Assistant Prosecutors Examination, the Central Bureau of investigation public prosecutors, assistant district attorney, the district prosecution exam etc.
- Conducts Online Mock tests in both English and Hindi Medium.
- Provision for Foundation course especially for aspirants pursuing their LL.B (3 years and 5 years course)
- Fees vary for different duration of course.
- Course duration varies from 3 months to 24 months.
- A fee has to be paid for the previous year question paper plan and can be viewed only 3 times during the plan.
- A fee of Rs. 600 has to be paid for the online test plan and the duration of which is 6 months.
Course Fee: Rs. 3,000-6,000/- per plan.
6. Law Sikho
Law Sikho is one of the popular online platforms that prepares students for judicial Service examination. The course for the judiciary has been created by various legal luminaries to provide helping hands to the aspirants of judicial service exam. Besides providing courses for judicial service examination, Law Sikho also provides courses to acquire practical legal skills.
- Provision of 100% fee refund if not liked by the aspirants.
- Organize special webinars for sharing tips and tricks.
- Provision of scholarships and sponsorships for top-performing candidates.
- 8-10 teaching hours per week.
- 2 practical exercises every week followed by written feedback.
- One course for all.
- The name of the course is Lord of the Courses.
Fee Structure: Rs. 1,50,000/- per year.
7. Vidhijudicial Academy
Vidhi Judicial Academy is one of the leading online as well as offline coaching institutes that provides support to the judicial service aspirants.
- Live interactive classes.
- Subjectwise course fee.
- Each subject is divided into 15 parts. Every part contains 10-15 video lectures.
- The course consists of video lectures, objective test series and guidance on answer writing techniques.
- Unlimited access to online objective test till the final selection in the judiciary only in Rs. 10,000/-
- Main Test series for a fee of Rs. 10,000/- for 13 tests.
- Course fee for different subject varies from Rs. 8,000-15,000/-
- Monthly fee of Rs. 1500/- has to be paid for the live online class which has no fixed duration.
RostrumLegal is an online platform of legal education for Lawyers and Law students. The platform aims to make legal education accessible and affordable for all. It provides live online coaching for the judiciary besides providing various online certificate courses on Advanced Legal Drafting, Commercial Contract Drafting, International Commercial Arbitration etc.
- Live as well as a self-paced online course.
- Conducts State-wise and sectional Mock Tests.
- Opportunities for clearing doubts in live dedicated doubt sessions.
- Updated syllabus with latest exam pattern and judgments.
- The course duration of online live classes is 5-6 months.
- There is an option to pay the fee in two instalments.
Course Fee: Rs. 18,000/- for a one-year subscription.
Utkarsh began its journey in 2002 with a smaller number of students. Within a few years, it has become one of the leading coaching institutes in India. It provides coaching for various competitive exams including UPSC, SSC, Banking, Defence, Railway. It also provides online courses for various State Judicial Service Examination.
- Provides PDF for quick revision in every class.
- The solution is provided by subject experts.
- Live quizzes based on the topic taught in the class.
- Provision of importing videos from YouTube and PDF.
Course Fee: Rs. 18,000/-
10. Juris Academy
Juris Academy is one of the leading coaching platforms in India that provides online classes for Judicial Service exams. Expert law professionals, who bagged gold medals, have been providing their services to students for 19 years. Juris Academy has gained popularity, especially for the Delhi Judicial Services Exam.
- Pay attention to each and every student.
- A limited number of students in each batch.
- Over 1000 Pages of logical, legal, verbal and quantitative study material.
- Provision of resolving queries in the WhatsApp group.
- Course duration is 3 hours per day and 6 days a week.
- The duration of the weekend course is 12-14 months and the regular course is 8-10 months.
- Same fee for both weekend and regular course.
Course Fee: Rs. 85,000/-
You have to go through an arduous journey while preparing for a competitive exam. The role and responsibility of a coaching institute are to be a guiding light in your journey. Although there are many coaching institutes in India, only a few of them are able to fulfil the expectations of the aspirants. Therefore, we have tried our best to give you an idea while choosing the right online coaching institute for the judiciary exam preparation.
Perhaps you have gained an idea about the above-mentioned websites after evaluating their key features. Since all of them have their own distinct features you may prefer them as per your own convenience. We hope you can make the right decision after going through their key features carefully.